White text in newsletter signup

HannahOTPB
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi all, I have added a section enabling customers to sign up to receive email newsletters however when given the option to type in their email the text is white, same as the background. After reading previous advice I have tried to edit the coding under the assets section, but I do not have a theme.scss.liquid file. Any further help on this would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. 

Reply 1 (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @HannahOTPB! Depending on the exact theme and version (found by clicking the 3 dot menu in theme editor) that you're using, you'd be able to modify your font color text within the Theme Settings of that theme. You can find that by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Colors.

Each theme is different so the process might be different from one to another. If you can give us more details on exactly what theme and version you have, if your background color is changed in the settings or code, if you built your pages with an app or through the theme editor, and other details we can help pinpoint how to get that sorted.

Sometimes adding code isn't always necessary. Although, editing code on your site is useful and will help you customize the functions you want, there are instances where you can use the theme editor to do that same thing without adding more load time to your site.

Speaking of which, SEO is a key thing to remember when going into your code. Keep your code changes as consolidated as possible without leaving trails of unused code in your files. I recommend reviewing our site speed guide to walk you through everything you need to keep your site zippy fast.

The faster your site loads, the longer your visitors will stay on the site to browse, which leads to a higher chance of sales conversions or at least newsletter subscriptions (which you're working on already). Ultimately your SEO will improve with a faster site as well as bounce rates.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog