Why does my store say Preview?

Kimt1
1 0 0

I am still in the free trial phase but have removed the password and am ready to go live and start accepting orders. In the bottom left corner I see “Store preview: Debut” (debut is the theme). Why is it saying Preview? Will my buyers see that? Is it because I’m still during the free trial period? Will the store fully work under the preview condition?

Replies 2 (2)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
847 204 253

Generally, no, your visitors will not see store preview message.

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Trevor
Community Moderator
3105 404 634

@Kimt1 

The preview option does not have anything to do with you being on trial, but rather giving you a view into what your store will look like with the changes you've made via the theme editor, or to a product/collection you have yet to publish. 

You'll only see the preview option when viewing your store while logged in and/or when editing your theme. If you access your store via a different browser/device or through Google Chrome Incognito mode you'll see that the preview option does not appear. 

Your store will be fully operational when previewing it other than you may not be able to initiate or complete the checkout process (which isn't needed for previewing your store)

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog