Why Is The Content Blocks Limited To Just 12?

TomValentino
Tourist
3 0 6

Hello - 

Just wondering if anyone know's why all of the content blocks are limited to just 12 on the new 2.0 of Shopify?

We tried to increase it in the code, but it keeps on remaining limited at 12.

Does anyone know how to overcome this so we can add more? Or know if Shopify has any plans to increase this?

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 21.14.04.png

Replies 20 (20)
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
24945 2500 9043

@TomValentino 

oh sorry for that one your have add more just change simple code 

change section code block limit or share section code son i will check and update

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
TomValentino
Tourist
3 0 6

Thanks for the reply.

We updated it to a max of 100, but then it's still limited to 12.

image (1).png

It used to work fine on the old theme, but then we updated it to Shopify 2.0 and the maximum we can now get is 12?

Is this part of the new 2.0? And if so, is it going to be like it forever/any way around it?

Thanks

valenciab
1 0 1

Same issue in me, I try the codes in old theme and its working fine but in Shopify 2.0 it was only limited to 12  

Do you guys have any workaround in the Shopify 2.0? 

sarahholden
Tourist
7 1 10

Very frustrating! I hope this won't be the case forever. 

I'm creating an FAQ page for a site and there will be way more than 12 questions. The only workaround I've been able to figure out so far is to repeat that section after it has 12 blocks, but I already see holes in that solution for more advanced designs. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
24945 2500 9043

@sarahholden 

sorry for that issue can you please share your code here so i will check and update

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
sarahholden
Tourist
7 1 10

@KetanKumar The only workaround I could come up with for my site was to repeat the section by clicking the "Add Section" button, and adding another section of the same type. So, in Tom's case, adding another multicolumn section right after the first multicolumn section, and maxing out each section with 12 blocks. It's not ideal, but it's my temporary solve since I need this functionality now for a site I'm building.

For Tom's use case the only new code that might be needed would be to add an additional class to the multicolumn wrapper and use CSS to make sure there's no gap when two multicolumn sections are added to the page directly after one another. 

Also...I was able to add 16 blocks when I went to make this demo. I wonder if they changed the limit? That seems promising. Very strange! 

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 8.39.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 8.39.35 PM.png

  

thanos982
Tourist
6 0 2

Same problem here. When I actually update the data in the json file the limit increases to 16 but it's still not enough for my needs.

Anyone from the Shopify team that could respond to this?

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2247 339 901

Definitely weird, just took a look at Dawn theme. There's no max_blocks property in the schema so I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to add more. Oddly enough I am able to add 16 blocks... out of 12 apparently:

Ninthony_0-1629472784194.png

Thought that was funny. It would be nice for a member of Shopify staff to at least confirm that this is expected behavior. If so, why, and is it going to be rectified? 

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D