Yotpo on Collection page: Dawn Theme

StienB
Tourist
7 0 1

I recently switched to the new Dawn 2.0 theme and been having trouble installing the yotpo review widget. 

Last week I finally managed to get the review star rating showing correctly on the product page, but when I want to install it on the collection pages it keeps showing the total number of reviews (see screenshot), rather than the specific number for that product. 

I contacted Yotpo who can’t seem to really help me. They have a troubleshooting solution on their website, but even that doesn’t solve the problem.

This was their last reply;

I would suggest reaching out to your theme developers and ask them as to why the products on the collection page doesn't provide a product ID which cause the star rating not to show accurately under collections page.”

Can anyone help me out and show me how I can get the collection page to share the product ID so the star rating can show correctly?

Thanks in advance!

B588E98B-BC7F-4744-A649-036CDCC08C08.jpeg

Replies 4 (4)

RekaH
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!
May I ask you how you managed to display the star rating on collection pages? I don't seem to manage this problem. 

Also, on my product pages, it only shows the star ratings but not the extended version of the rating with the text at the bottom of the page. It used to show on Debut theme, but not on Dawn theme. 

Thanks for your help!

StienB
Tourist
7 0 1

HI @RekaH ,

I went through the 'manual installation' steps on the following page: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/shopify-installing-yotpo

I hope this helps? 

I still haven't been able to show them correctly on the collection pages though. 😞

Chris-Dias
5 0 0

Hello....did you figure this out?

The reason I ask is that I just saw a page that shows a different line of code.  It shows an example of what you are seeing.   See it here:  

https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/troubleshooting-the-yotpo-star-rating-on-categorycollection-pag...

I have a different question for you though, which is how did you even get them onto your collections?  No matter what I try (based on what little information is available that I am finding) I can't get it to work.   I'm using the Dawn theme as well.   I saw that there is a button on the products and collections page, that when clicked is supposed to show the stars.  If that is what you did, then I have an issue.  When I click that, it actually shows stars from the previous app that I deleted (the Shopify Reviews App)

If you are not clicking that button (or even if you are) and placed code somewhere, please let me know where to do that.  It's crazy that this question is being asked all over the place, yet not one Shopify employee has addressed it in any real way.

Thanks

StienB
Tourist
7 0 1

hey! 

Sorry for my late reply, I actually just gave up and went back to an old theme.
How sad ay!! Neither Shopify nor Yotpo could sort it out.

I tried again on the Dawn theme today, in the hope it might have been sorted by now and now I can't see anything either. Not even the wrong rating! No stars at all.

Did you manage it in the end?