Accidentally deleted a liquid template

Amina_Keita_Ba
2 0 1

Hello I accidentally deleted a liquid and whenever I click on my products , this appears : Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'product-template' is not a valid section type. Please help me recover the template 

Thanks

-Amina

Replies 8 (8)
sampad_io1
1 0 2

Hey Amina, 

If you know exactly which liquid file you deleted, It can be restored from a back-up. Alternatively, Redownload the theme, and use the liquid file you deleted from the new version. 

Amina_Keita_Ba
2 0 1

Thank you I did it and everything is back . I appreciate your help.

Ali8587
1 0 1
Hi am stuck with the same liquid template. How do you download the new theme please
noostrum
2 0 0
Hello ,
Can you please tell me how i can do that in steps?
I know which liquid file i deleted the product liquid file was the name
Jason
Shopify Expert
10440 169 2081

The link below will give you the basic idea:
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/managing-themes/updating-themes

If you've bought that theme, you'll be able to add a new copy of it to your store at no cost.

A rough workflow:

1. When installing do not add it as a published version. Make sure it's unpublished.
  2. Find the missing file in the NEW unpublished theme. 
  3. Copy the contents.
  4. Make a blank version of the file that's missing in your published theme
  5. Paste the contents into blank file in your published theme. 
  6. Save

Now you should be good to go.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.
Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.
★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Rustic-Tuscan
1 0 0

Thanks for the steps but when I try to make a blank file of the liquid i deleted, it says it is invalid. 

I deleted the custom-content liquid and when i try make a blank one it says "new section incompatible with current schema value" or something.

can you please help?

AnneOrlain
1 0 1

me too that's my problem now..help me please

thepineapple
1 0 0

Hi there! I had the same accident, did you find out how to fix it? I would appreciate it. thank you!