Why is my Shopify Payments account still on hold after submitting business registration?

kayden918
Visitor
2 0 0

Our account is on hold and is saying the following..

• Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold

Your Shopify Payments account needs to be verified. You can still make sales while your payouts are on hold.

To continue using Shopify Payments, you need to submit a business registration document in order to verify your business.

I have submitted my BR twice already but it still shows the same message.

I have asked the support but they told me to wait and wait. Now it is already more than one week. It is still on hold.

I need to stop my shore operation and advertisement now, just to wait for them.

I am unsure what steps I need to take to sort this issue as it does not explain what needs to be done.  It is so hard without being able to speak to somebody as this issue I am sure could be dealt with straight away. 

Please help.

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hi @kayden918 

I can absolutely understand the importance of receiving your payouts for your store, and I am happy to provide you with some more information.

For some context, the hold on your account is a standard check carried out by our Accounts Department for merchant security and compliance with requirements and Terms of Service.
In the meantime, your customers can continue to purchase items on your online store. The Accounts team work as quickly as possible as we understand how important payouts can be for cashflow. It can take a few business days to complete a review, but I want to reiterate that it's done in the interest of you and customer's security.

It seems like you have submitted your BR documents and that possibly they are still being reviewed by our accounts team. In order to get to the bottom of this, can you tell me if one banner or two banners remain on the admin? Better yet - if you could send me a screenshot of your admin here, so I can get a better grasp as to what step you are on. It might look a little like this, below:

22-32-17986-29676

While we are unable to provide account specific support via the Community at this time, I am happy to have a closer look if you can provide a screenshot of your admin. I hope this helps!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kayden918
Visitor
2 0 0

The screenshot is as below. I have submitted it and it prompted submitted successfully but then it shows as below again.

So I re-submitted again. Then it still shows the screen below.

shopify screen.png

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @kayden918

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like there may be an issue with the document you are trying to submit, as the banner keeps reappearing. I know you have contacted support already, however we may need to send this up to our business operations team for a closer look. I would suggest reaching out to support here again and letting them know you are having trouble submitting documents. As they will have more access to the account than we do here in the community, that would be the next best step to take here. I hope this gets resolved for you very soon!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog