Active product not showing in online store

Ellechor
Visitor
2 0 2

Can anyone help me to fix the problem of a product showing as active not appearing on the online store?

Thanks!

Replies 28 (28)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Ellechor 

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Happy to help troubleshoot this issue with you. Are you trying to have the product display on a particular page (for example, the home page) or inside a collection? Where is the product supposed to be showing?

To start, here are some troubleshooting steps: 

Let me know how all of this goes, and once I have a little more information about where it's supposed to be displayed, we can keep troubleshooting! There are also lots of suggestions in this Community thread if you'd like to scan those replies. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

CViolette_ssp
Visitor
2 0 5

Hi,
we have uploaded 33 items in a collection that is active but only 14 are showing online.
Everything was done the same way we did for every other products and collections.
We can't seam to find a reason why these items won't show online?
I have check your troubleshoot list and it's not it?
Any Ideas?

Kirsty2021
Tourist
4 0 1

We are also having the same issues with products, they are correct in the product area but in POS going sell does not show up at all and doesn't scan? 

ClementChris
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Products won't show visible if the channel is not also active for online store. When you check you will see that the POS is the only one chosen. Just include the online store and everything will be fixed.

AudraAzoury
Tourist
3 0 3

I am having the same issue and have checked all of these issues, included making sy=ure that they are included in the market under settings. Please help!

Tata_Lijn
Visitor
2 0 3

I have the same problem today, ony 1 my product from 50 is visible in online store

Deadinside
Visitor
1 0 1

Same thing happening to me this morning. Anyone figure out how to fix it?

Tata_Lijn
Visitor
2 0 3

I contacted support and they solved the problem quick enough

cjd
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Do you know how they fixed it? I'm also experiencing the same issue.

Chartly
Visitor
1 0 7

Go to the product detail page for the missing product, then under "Product Status" in the top right of the page, look for "Sales channels and apps", click "Manage" and make sure "Online Store" is checked.

Chartly_0-1677041545934.png

CViolette_ssp
Visitor
2 0 5

We did all that, there was nothing "wrong" with any of our operations. I finally read a bunch of stuff on reddit from other user having issues and it appear that it is some type of random bug in shopify that has been know for a long while.
What fixed it was to delete all the items, restart the logins, and redo all the items the exact same way we did at first and those worked. A few hours lost in the process.

Armando_Almaraz
Visitor
1 0 0

Same to me, only with one specific vendor. 

piratedisccom
Visitor
1 0 7

I was having the same issue. 

Support found out that some of the listings were being excluded from the site.  It was a really easy fix.  

1. On your Admin go to Settings select Markets click on Manage 

2. Select Products and Pricing 

3. This shows excluded items.  Select the items and set them to Include.  

I'm not sure why our 14 items decided to have issues, I have added over 11,000 listings with never encountering the issue before.  But at least it was super easy to fix.  

CameronBrett
Visitor
1 0 1

THANK YOU so much !! This worked and sorted it spent hours trying to figure out how to fix it. Thanks again !!

alejandro_obico
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks! I had this issue with several products showing up with a "404" error and had no idea what was going on. For some reason Shopify was excluding them from the listings but your solution fixed the problem easily and quickly.

nekochan
Visitor
1 0 1

Thanks a lot! It actually helped, have no idea why they were excluded in the first place as well

Marco56
Visitor
1 0 1

It didn’t work for me

dailytrends
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey! I’m sure you may have already gotten it figured out but just incase here’s how I did it! Go to products, open up the product not showing, on the right hand side click manage publishing. You’re going to want to make sure “online store” is checked off under sales channels. Then it should be there! 

GlitzyMarcy
Tourist
3 0 0

I’ve try that and still no resolution 

AudraAzoury
Tourist
3 0 3

This did not work she me either.

LittleShopGurl
Visitor
1 0 1

Ty!  This worked for me!  For some reason, when it imported, all the new products defaulted to "point of sale," and I don't do in-person sales.  Once I manually switched everything to "online store," it worked perfectly!

Romanovitch
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I am trying to follow your (apparently) very helpful advice, but I am stuck. I am going crazy with my products not showing up like all of you although they are active, the online store is checked and and they are  very well part of the starting page collection. I simply can't find your option "Products and Pricing" which is supposed to show the excluded items. I clicked Settings, then Markets:01.jpg but under Markets all I see is is an Overview and Recommendations. Am I in the wrong menu? Would be extremely thankful if you could help me where to find the menu Products and Pricing which shows the excluded items. Thanks!

GlitzyMarcy
Tourist
3 0 0

This didn’t work for me 😩

kristenlac
Not applicable
2 0 0

I had this issue for MONTHS and watched troubleshooting videos countless times, but my problem was still occurring. The Shopify tech team looked into my case and found that the integrated app "Boost AI Search and Discovery" was preventing certain products from appearing on my store. I uninstalled this app and it solved all of my issues! Just wanted to put this out there for anyone who followed all of these steps and are still having issues-- it may be one of the apps acting up!

peaceofhome1
Visitor
1 0 0

yooooo thank you so much, exactly what i needed to do, much love

ghostie
Visitor
1 0 0

I had this problem. I found that the product did not have Online store ticked as a sales channel set under Publishing on the product page, which prevented my product from showing up in the store

kristenlac
Not applicable
2 0 0

I had this issue for MONTHS and watched troubleshooting videos countless times, but my problem was still occurring. The Shopify tech team looked into my case and found that the integrated app "Boost AI Search and Discovery" was preventing certain products from appearing on my store. I uninstalled this app and it solved all of my issues! Just wanted to put this out there for anyone who followed all of these steps and are still having issues-- it may be one of the apps acting up!

phunote15
Visitor
1 0 0

Change your product sale channel from "point of sale" to "online store" and this should fix the problem!

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 7.44.13 PM.png