ADA Web Accessibility Lawsuits...Contact Your Local Assemblyman/woman !

Cassy_Burnvoth
Excursionist
17 0 6

I've been extremely active on these discussion boards re. web accessibilty ADA lawsuits ever since I was sued last year.

I want to urge everyone to Contact their local assemblyman (or assembly woman) and request them to look into this!

My local assemblyman is James Gallagher. I reached out their office via email about a week ago regarding this entire thing, and they replied to me today. This is what they said.

PLEASE NOTE: I am in California and was sued re. the Unruh Act.

"I spoke with our legislative team about this issue and we will explore if a bill can address this case. There was a bill in 2012 that addressed this issue in relation to property and we will look into doing a similar version for online ADA suits. Below is a link to the article about that bill. Our legislative package should be finalized in February.

https://www.ffslaw.com/articles/will-a-new-law-finally-bring-property-owners-relief-from-ada-lawsuit..."

This is the ONLY way that these laws are going to be changed, and the frivolous lawsuits will stop! It only takes 5 minutes to write an email. If CA legislators receive enough complaints, they WILL take action! Remember, WE elect them, and they Work for US!

Replies 0 (0)