Add a Text Box under product options

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

Can we set a text box under product options in shopify?

Client would like to add a text box to write few letter before they order that products in shopify platform

Pleas share

Intellect Outsource: Elevate Your Shopify Store! Experts in Product Data Entry, Bulk Uploads, and Customer Support. Boost Your eCommerce Success with Us!
Replies 23 (23)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hello!

Ted here from Shopify. 🙂 

The best solution I could recommend would be to install this app called Infinite Options from our app store. It comes with a 14-day trial and it would allow the merchant to collect customization requests from the customer. You can also add it to every product or a select few. If you would prefer not to use an app, you could add some code into the theme itself as shown in this guide.

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. 

Happy selling!   
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LollipopGarden
Visitor
1 0 18

I have seen this app mentioned multiple places in my search to add a customization box to my shopify products. Everywhere I see it mentioned it says that it is free, but when I click on it, it is a montly subscription. Is there a free version or other app with the same capabilities? I am a super small shop, and don't have the budget to pay for that app at this point. 

JJokocha
Tourist
11 1 8

It would be good if someone answered @LollipopGarden question

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

Without knowing programming or coding structure, it is very difficult to implement @

Intellect Outsource: Elevate Your Shopify Store! Experts in Product Data Entry, Bulk Uploads, and Customer Support. Boost Your eCommerce Success with Us!
shopowner
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey, i found a great and easy way to show a text box on product page for just 2.99$ per month. Have a Look on this App: https://apps.shopify.com/Textfield

Have a great day 🙂

Destiney
Visitor
1 0 1

This is not a free app anymore, any other solutions? 

ppvi
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

The app is not free (anymore?)

CastoffConcepts
Visitor
1 0 0

BOOOO!!! Shopify, do better.  There is no reason to tell us it's free, just to bait and switch us into $10 a month.  

satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
331 19 41

Hi @LollipopGarden 

It needs you to add a text box in the form on product page template in theme files, If you are familiar with the liquid files you can add this code.

<input type="text" name="properties[input-name-you-want]">

or let me know if we can help you with this thanks!

banned
Ten35
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I tried implementing this code in the themes but it did not show up when I hit preview.. any suggestions? I did go into my products and change the theme to that new template. 

satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
331 19 41

Hi 

Glad to help you with this, You need to add this code inside the cart form on product page template, its vary theme to theme let me know if i can help you with this.

thanks!

banned
Ten35
Visitor
2 0 0
Yes, I would like help with this
Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

By adding progarmming or any other solutions

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi, 

If you need to add textbox in the Dawn theme. Follow the video instructions

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
Elzsgr
Visitor
2 0 1

This was very helpful, thank you! Is there a way to do this only for a specific product, not on every product?

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi @Elzsgr,

Sorry I miss your question. You can create a specific template and specific section for the product. Please see video for instructions

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
trucranems
Excursionist
27 0 11

hey,

I'd love to have this feature, too so that it's only for certain products. Your video is unavailable. Could you please provide me an updated link?

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Sorry. Video for creating a template below

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

Thanks Made4Uo

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @Intellect_Outs1,

I have a straightforward solution for you to add a text box under your existing product options. You can achieve this effortlessly using the Easify Product Options app, and the good news is that its Free plan is more than enough to fulfill your needs 🤗.

Let me guide you through the process of setting up your text box:

• Create a Text Box option in the app, allowing customers to input their desired text.

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1688203848043.png

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1688203775210.png

• Once you've created the text box option, you can assign it to either All products or Specific products in your store.

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1688203819867.png

The Easify Product Options app offers not just the Text Box option, but also a total of 24 different option types to cater to various needs.

Give it a try and experience the benefits it brings to your online store 🙌!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi,

We created our enhanced shopify UI elements that you can use to create custom fields, such us textboxes, checkbox, checkbox group, file and more. It is totally free and no apps needed. It works seamlessly with Shopify 2.0 free themes.

Check the video below for how to use this in your store. 

Tufan_Minimate
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hey! 

You can achieve what you asked easily with Mini: Customization Fields. This app allows merchants to collect inputs from customers on product page in various formats like textfield, dropdown, checkbox, image etc. 

Hope this answer helps you! 

Co-Founder at: MinimateApps
---
Mini:Customization Fields - Allows merchants to collect information from customers at product pages before proceeding to checkout
Hey!Scarcity Low Stock- Create a sense of urgency & scarcity to increase conversion rate by displaying inventory level