Add a Text Box under product options

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
67 0 8

Can we set a text box under product options in shopify?

Client would like to add a text box to write few letter before they order that products in shopify platform

Pleas share

Intellect Outsource is a complete ecommerce product data entry company has more than 12 years of experience helping online stores worldwide, with bulk bulk product upload, Bulk image uploading, Product image processing, back office support, order processing & Inventory Management, etc.

We offer shopify Data Entry & product upload services with high quality. We keep special team for shopify online store catalog management projects to make 100% successful output for our clients small or big catalog projects.
Replies 16 (16)
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1254 114 145

Hello!

Ted here from Shopify. 🙂 

The best solution I could recommend would be to install this app called Infinite Options from our app store. It's free to use and it would allow the merchant to collect customization requests from the customer. You can also add it to every product or a select few. If you would prefer not to use an app, you could add some code into the theme itself as shown in this guide.

Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. 

Happy selling!   
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LollipopGarden
1 0 11

I have seen this app mentioned multiple places in my search to add a customization box to my shopify products. Everywhere I see it mentioned it says that it is free, but when I click on it, it is a montly subscription. Is there a free version or other app with the same capabilities? I am a super small shop, and don't have the budget to pay for that app at this point. 

JJokocha
Tourist
11 1 8

It would be good if someone answered @LollipopGarden question

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
67 0 8

Without knowing programming or coding structure, it is very difficult to implement @

Intellect Outsource is a complete ecommerce product data entry company has more than 12 years of experience helping online stores worldwide, with bulk bulk product upload, Bulk image uploading, Product image processing, back office support, order processing & Inventory Management, etc.

We offer shopify Data Entry & product upload services with high quality. We keep special team for shopify online store catalog management projects to make 100% successful output for our clients small or big catalog projects.
shopowner
2 0 2

Hey, i found a great and easy way to show a text box on product page for just 2.99$ per month. Have a Look on this App: https://apps.shopify.com/Textfield

Have a great day 🙂

satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
330 19 38

Hi @LollipopGarden 

It needs you to add a text box in the form on product page template in theme files, If you are familiar with the liquid files you can add this code.

<input type="text" name="properties[input-name-you-want]">

or let me know if we can help you with this thanks!

Get Support for Customization right away CLICK HERE TO GET HELP NOW.
Our Shopify Apps: HERE
Please Like and Accept Solution if it helps you.
Ten35
2 0 0

Hi, I tried implementing this code in the themes but it did not show up when I hit preview.. any suggestions? I did go into my products and change the theme to that new template. 

satsinghrana
Shopify Partner
330 19 38

Hi 

Glad to help you with this, You need to add this code inside the cart form on product page template, its vary theme to theme let me know if i can help you with this.

thanks!

Get Support for Customization right away CLICK HERE TO GET HELP NOW.
Our Shopify Apps: HERE
Please Like and Accept Solution if it helps you.
Ten35
2 0 0
Yes, I would like help with this
Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
67 0 8

By adding progarmming or any other solutions

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
1481 230 344

Hi, 

If you need to add textbox in the Dawn theme. Follow the video instructions

Just be reminded that we are volunteering to help.
✿✿✿-

and

Accept as Solution

will be much appreciated.✌-✿✿✿
For more Shopify Solutions and custom codes, just visit

Made4Uo's website

Keep your stuffs private. Refrain from giving unnecessary access to your store.
Destiney
1 0 0

This is not a free app anymore, any other solutions? 

Elzsgr
2 0 1

This was very helpful, thank you! Is there a way to do this only for a specific product, not on every product?

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
67 0 8

Thanks Made4Uo

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
1481 230 344

Hi @Elzsgr,

Sorry I miss your question. You can create a specific template and specific section for the product. Please see video for instructions

Just be reminded that we are volunteering to help.
✿✿✿-

and

Accept as Solution

will be much appreciated.✌-✿✿✿
For more Shopify Solutions and custom codes, just visit

Made4Uo's website

Keep your stuffs private. Refrain from giving unnecessary access to your store.