Add follow-up message after promo code applied at the checkout page

geneho
Tourist
7 0 2

How do I add a follow-up/instructional message e.g 'Please collect your items at location XXX" after a promo code is applied for self collection at the checkout page?

Replies 8 (8)
Nick
Community Moderator
4258 422 886

Hi @geneho,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question!

I looked into this for you and this is something which would not be possible due to the fact that the checkout cannot be edited or modified unless you are using the Shopify Plus plan

Because of the above fact, there are a couple of workarounds you can look into. They might not be as intuitive as to how you would have liked them to be, but they would be your best bet:

• One of the workarounds is to add this information to your product descriptions. By mentioning the information about where your customers can pick up at a specific location in the product description, you know you made the customer aware.
  • Another workaround is to create a shipping information page. Within the shipping information page, you can explicitly explain any shipping information you feel might be necessary for your customers to be aware of such as where they can collect their items from after making an order. The content team at Shopify's partner Oberlo wrote a blog post going through some tips, templates and some examples of shipping information pages which you might find valuable and can see here.   

Hopefully, this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

geneho
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi

Thank u for the quick response and alternative fixes.

I found a code in Shopify that can be apply at settings>checkout where additional scripts can be added after an order has been fulfilled

I tested and it works when someone select the 'self-collection' , and the checkout summary page, a content box of the note i want to relay to the customer appears.

However, I wonder if the same code can be tweak to apply for a specific discount code applied at checkout where i will need to communicate messages to the customer at the summary page. Is that possible? I attempted to write the code to the best i understand of the logic n syntax, can u verify if that's a legit code for the function required?

Attached both set of codes here...

<<<<<<<<<<<Self collection code >>>>>>>>>>

<script>

<!-- DEBUG {{ checkout.shipping_method.title }} has been used -->

{% if checkout.shipping_method.title == 'Self Collection' %}

Shopify.Checkout.OrderStatus.addContentBox(

`<p><b>Self collection to be confirmed</b></p>`

)

{% endif %}

</script>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<discount code  >>>>>>>>>>

{% for discount_application in checkout.discount_applications %}

{% if discount_application.title == 'Test1' %}

`<p><b>Self collection will be location XXX </b></p>`

)

{% endif %}

{% endfor %}

geneho
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi,

Thank u for the quick response and alternative fixes.

I found a code in Shopify that can be apply at settings>checkout where additional scripts can be added after an order has been fulfilled

I tested and it works when someone select the 'self-collection' , and the checkout summary page, a content box of the note i want to relay to the customer appears.

However, I wonder if the same code can be tweak to apply for a specific discount code applied at checkout where i will need to communicate messages to the customer at the summary page. Is that possible? I attempted to write the code to the best i understand of the logic n syntax, can u verify if that's a legit code for the function required?

Attached both set of codes here...

<<<<<<<<<<<Self collection code >>>>>>>>>>

<script>

<!-- DEBUG {{ checkout.shipping_method.title }} has been used -->

{% if checkout.shipping_method.title == 'Self Collection' %}

`<p><b>Self collection to be confirmed</b></p>`

)

{% endif %}

</script>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<discount code  >>>>>>>>>>

{% for discount_application in checkout.discount_applications %}

{% if discount_application.title == 'Test1' %}

`<p><b>Self collection will be location XXX </b></p>`

)

{% endif %}

{% endfor %}

Nick
Community Moderator
4258 422 886

Hi @geneho,

No problem at all, I hope the workarounds help. 

Regarding the code, you are asking about. Code for the additional script box is very technical and complex and not something which Shopify or our themes support team support because it can cause damage to the overall store if something were to go wrong. I would personally advise not to attempt to adjust the code for this reason. 

DouglasCL
Excursionist
18 1 6

Have you tested this discount code message? I'm looking for a similar solution!

Kind regards

metagals
Excursionist
23 1 0

Hello @Nick!

I am trying to accomplish this and we do have a Shopify Plus plan.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Nick
Community Moderator
4258 422 886

Hi @metagals,

As I touched on above in the thread, this is something which while possible would still be quite complex to add. Your best bet would be to contact a Shopify Expert you resonate with to help you with this. It's not something I would feel comfortable with and wouldn't be able to help you with the finer details. You can see the full Shopify Expert directory here

pogjeniffer
2 0 0

This doesn't happen all the time but some places do this.

Last year I was interested in buying a unique looking electric guitar. I was curious what the shipping to Canada was so I filled out the form but it wouldn't calculate shipping.

Oh well, I thought and closed the page.

The next day I got an email from the company saying they saw I didn't complete my order and wondered if I had any questions or concerns www.homeofapk.com/

I told them about the shipping not being available so they gave me a code that gave me free shipping!