How can I link add to cart with request a quote?

Hercilio_Costa
4 0 0

Hi,

I would like to know how can I make my add to cart button also add the same product to the request a quote page, since it does not do that automatically.

Thank you.

Replies 6 (6)

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
300 57 76

Hi @Hercilio_Costa
can you please elaborate your concern in a more detailed way. So that it can help me to understand what you are actually looking for and if possible please share a reference also. 
Thanks   

- If my answers saved you time and headaches, consider buying me a coffee!
- Check my profile: KaalTechGeeks | Reach out to me on my socials - Instagram | Skype | Mail
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! & if your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Hercilio_Costa
4 0 0

On my products page i have two buttons, one add to cart and another to request a quote, what i wanted was to when a customer adds a product to the cart to that same product go to the request a quote page.

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
300 57 76

Ok so what you want is whenever a customer visits your product page, then he should be able to add the products to the cart and also be able to take them to a request quote page(I assume which is already added by you at the backend) ?

- Check my profile: KaalTechGeeks | Reach out to me on my socials - Instagram | Skype | Mail
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! & if your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Hercilio_Costa
4 0 0

Yes, the item added to the cart should be added to the request a quote.

And yes the request a quote page already exists.

kaalTechGeeks
Shopify Partner
300 57 76

Ok so in that scenario you need someone who can modify the JS code for custom button so that after the product is added to the cart he can redirect the page to the request quote page. 
Else if you are familiar with coding then look for where the code for add to cart button functionality is added, if it is already enabled as ajax add to cart then you need to just add code for redirection else you have to first implement ajax add to cart and after that you have to redirect it to request quote page. 
You can take reference for POST CART API for implementing ajax cart: 
https://shopify.dev/api/ajax/reference/cart#post-locale-cart-add-js 
If you want I can work out this for you. 
Thanks  

hellodecodables
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to add both Add to Quote & Add to Cart buttons per item for my store, can I have a look at your store to see this?