Adding a Terms & Conditions Checkbox to the Checkout Page

DHYON
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to add a T&C checkbox to the checkout page instead of the cart page? In order to go to shipping you must tick the T&C box in addition to filling out customer details?

Thanks!

Replies 8 (8)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 968

Hi @DHYON 

Shopify, by default, doesn't allow to add or customize checkout page in Shopify Basic Plans. 
There is no way to edit the checkout code to add anything because of security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance.

You can add an 'I agree with the terms and conditions' checkbox to your cart page by following this guide.
Customers must check before continuing to the checkout. If a customer doesn't check the checkbox before clicking the checkout button, an alert pop-up will prevent them from continuing. 

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions!

banned
nastic
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi,
is there any possibility to add the check box with a higher plan? Or is there a possibility to redirect the user from checkout to the cart in order for them to tick the box?

Thankful for any advice. 

Renster
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you ever find out if a higher plan allows for this checkbox?

nastic
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi Renster,

as far as I am informed the 'Shopify Plus' allows you to modify the checkout. All other plans, unfortunately, do not have this option.

I find this a bit ridiculous. The 'Shopify Plus' plan costs, I think, 5k per month - and all small business go: hurray! 

AntonKoepke
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Hi Renester,

it's not possible to add the T&C checkbox to the checkout with the normal Shopify Plans. Yes, Shopify Plus allows you to heavily modify the checkout. I do that quite often for a lot of my clients.
Don't worth the price though for smaller clients, Shopify Plus currently starts at $2.000 per month.
I would suggest to just go with the cart checkbox if you really need one.

KabirDev
Shopify Partner
248 61 67

You are not allowed to modify the checkout page. Anyone looking for adding the t&c checkbox without app in 2024 can watch this video https://youtu.be/smyIqWWuZvs?si=zTz323LuzUN9njXW

- Control payment methods visibility at checkout by KlinKode PayRules app.
- Contact me directly at shahriar@kabirdev.com

Weblatech
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi there,

Regarding your question on how to set up a tick box for agreeing to terms and conditions at checkout, we have a handy app called "AgreeBox" that does just that. It's specifically designed for Shopify stores and works seamlessly with Shopify Plus.

With AgreeBox, you can add a mandatory checkbox for terms and conditions acceptance right at the checkout. It's pretty user-friendly – you can drag and drop to position the checkbox either above or below on the checkout page. Plus, it can also record date and time of customer agreement for each order.

To get started, simply install the "AgreeBox" app from the Shopify app store. Here's the link for easy access: AgreeBox on Shopify App Store.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your store!

Shopify stores & Apps |
- Have we helped? Click Like to let us know!
- If your question was answered? Mark it as Solved.

RelentlessApps
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

As everyone has already mentioned it isn't possible to add a terms and conditions checkbox to the checkout (unless you are on the super expensive Shopify Plus plan) but you can add it to the cart page.

We created a free app to do just that called RA Terms and Conditions Checkbox

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 2.56.23 PM.png

RelentlessApps_0-1713790601300.jpeg

If my answer helps, please give it a Like 🙂

Relentless Apps