Adding a textarea to the Checkout page (on Basic plan)

elvin111
Visitor
2 0 1

I want to add a textarea to the Checkout page.

I want our customers to insert their Parcel locker number into the textarea where the placeholder will say something like "Your parcel locker number here".

And it seems like there is no 'checkout.liquid' file among others in the 'Edit code' section. Should I change to Shopify Plus in order to have this file and customize the Checkout page? Now I am on a Basic plan.

By the way, I am using a free theme. If I buy a paid theme, would I be able to fully customize the Checkout page? 

If you have any info, please share it with me.

Thanks beforehand!

Replies 2 (2)

EasifyApps
Trailblazer
398 9 30

Hi @elvin111,

Have you considered adding the custom field directly on your product page instead of the checkout page? This approach is not only easier but also cost-effective. By placing the number text field on the product page, customers can enter the required information before adding the product to their cart.

To implement this solution effortlessly, you can use the free Easify Product Options app 😊. It's a user-friendly tool that requires no coding and takes just a minute to set up. I've created a demo below to illustrate the straightforward process:

EasifyApps_0-1702285514430.png

EasifyApps_1-1702285572486.png

EasifyApps_2-1702285589762.png

EasifyApps_3-1702285979874.png

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support
elvin111
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey,

I tried it and it looks okay. But I have some questions so I will contact the support team. 

Thank you!