Adding plus minus button to quantity selector

Omar_Naeem
4 0 0

Hi,

does anyone have the code for adding plus minus buttons to the quantity selector in the minimal theme? I’d like to add them to the cart page. I came across a couple of threads on this forum that had some code but required creating a new quantity text box from scratch that didn’t update cart price.

im not great with coding, so if anyone can please let me know the exact code to use for the minimal theme and where to paste, I would be extremely grateful!!! 

thanks!

omar 

thanks!

omar 

Replies 3 (3)
Dallas
Shopify Staff
907 61 185

Hey, there. 

Dallas here from the Social Care team at Shopify. 

Great question! Although I am not the best person to ask for coding information, I did come up with an option that may work for you. Considering you aren't super comfortable with coding like you said, this may work better for you. 

A lot of themes have a feature to add a quantity selector to their product page. If my assumption is correct your product page doesn't have a quantity selector so you are wanting to add a selector to your cart page instead? Am I right? To solve that problem you can go to Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme in your Store Admin. From there you can click on a product page. On the right-hand side, you will see a panel with some page features. If you click on button that says Product Pages 

you will see a button near the top that says Show Quantity Selector.

Once you save that your customers will be able to select how many of the items they would like to add to their cart. 

Alternitavely, when your customers are in the cart page, they will also be able to adjust the number of items that they see in the cart. To make that change they can just click on the quantity button and either type in a new number or use the quantity arrows that show up upon clicking. 

I hope this helps to answer your question in making it easier for your customers to add more products to their cart. 

If you have any more questions at all please let me know. 

Best, 
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Arun_Kumar
Shopify Partner
101 12 26

I know it's very late to reply but for the future users/developers, they can make use of this fiddle.

http://jsfiddle.net/laelitenetwork/puJ6G/

This will help you out, just some modifications are required according to the theme.

Moreover, you can follow this thread.
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/How-to-use-plus-and-minus-buttons-to-update-the-cart-...

Thank you

If you think my solution is good, then please Like and Accept the Solution.
Happy To Help You :)
JCStart
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello, can you post the modifications?  Where does the code get pasted in Debut theme?

Thanks,

https://jakes-chili-starter.myshopify.com/

Thanks