Solved

How can I assign individual prices to each product variant?

bunessa11
Tourist
18 0 3
I am adding variants to my scrapbook product but I want to set different prices for each. Upon looking at the added variants, I see that everything is combined into one. For example I want to set a price for the scrapbook, one for the size, one for the number of pages, one for the color of pages, etc... When I look at the variants, it shows up as (Example) 8x8/White/Embellishment/number of pages = $29.99. How do I set it to where each variant has its own price? (Example) 8x8/White =$29.99; Embellishments: $5 per page; Price per page = $3; Number of pages = 10, 20, etc...
Accepted Solution (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @bunessa11,

Right, I see. Thank you for clarifying this. As this is the case, I think you'd be best served looking at some apps that allow for various product options and customizations to be added. This means you can offer your customers various add-ons that come with an additional cost, and can show a breakdown of your variant prices in more detail.

There are a number of apps you can consider available on the Shopify App Store, including the likes of Infinite Options and Variant Option Product Options. I'd recommend checking out the different apps available on the App Store and trying some out that might suit your business.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @bunessa11,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. The way the variant system in Shopify works is that only a single price is shown for each variant a product has, and it is not broken down by various choices and components. You can mention in your product description the breakdown of costs (e.g. price per page, price of embellishments) but only a single price would be shown for the combination of variant options that the customer chooses.

Is there a particular reason you wanted to display your variant prices in this way?

bunessa11
Tourist
18 0 3

Thank you so much for responding. The reason I ask is because I am opening up a scrapbooking business. Within it, I would want my customers to be able to choose if they want extra products incorporated into their book. Examples would include Embellishments, page borders, the color of the pages, the number of pages, etc. So if this isn't something they would want to include, or only want a few customizations  in their book, the pricing would be different.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @bunessa11,

Right, I see. Thank you for clarifying this. As this is the case, I think you'd be best served looking at some apps that allow for various product options and customizations to be added. This means you can offer your customers various add-ons that come with an additional cost, and can show a breakdown of your variant prices in more detail.

There are a number of apps you can consider available on the Shopify App Store, including the likes of Infinite Options and Variant Option Product Options. I'd recommend checking out the different apps available on the App Store and trying some out that might suit your business.

bunessa11
Tourist
18 0 3

Perfect. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your help.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @bunessa11,

No problem at all, and I'm glad I could help. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.