Solved

Additional details and payment instructions of manual payment methods not possible

NgocLe
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi everyone,

when adding manual payment methods, it is not possible to have the additional details and the payment details translated.

Is there some manual method to translate it or is it planned to make this translatable eventually?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cindy

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @NgocLe.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

For translating the entire store, you can use the Language editor; however, this method doesn't offer a way to switch between languages. You can use a third-party translation apps, such as Langify, Translation Lab - AI Translate, and Translate Your Store - Weglot, which does come with a widget for switching languages. However, I've tested these apps and, although I was able to change the title for the Manual Payments, I didn't have any luck finding a way to translate the additional details or payment instructions using these apps. 

It's possible for customers to translate the entire page using Google Translate. Nonetheless, I can see how this can be a very useful feature for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf. That being said, I am unable to provide a time expectancy for when this feature will be available. If Shopify moves forward with this feature, you'll be able to find it on our changelog and announcements page. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @NgocLe.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

For translating the entire store, you can use the Language editor; however, this method doesn't offer a way to switch between languages. You can use a third-party translation apps, such as Langify, Translation Lab - AI Translate, and Translate Your Store - Weglot, which does come with a widget for switching languages. However, I've tested these apps and, although I was able to change the title for the Manual Payments, I didn't have any luck finding a way to translate the additional details or payment instructions using these apps. 

It's possible for customers to translate the entire page using Google Translate. Nonetheless, I can see how this can be a very useful feature for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf. That being said, I am unable to provide a time expectancy for when this feature will be available. If Shopify moves forward with this feature, you'll be able to find it on our changelog and announcements page. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

NgocLe
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi @Elias

thanks for your reply. I am aware of the other possibilities. Thank you for highlighting it.

I agree that it would be a useful feature and also understand that you are not able to provide a timeline for this feature to be added.

Thanks for looking into it!

GracindaS
5 0 0

Dear Elias,

I have exactly the same challenge with my web page. 

It would be great if it would be possible to enable the translation.

Kind regards,

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @GracindaS.

Thank you for joining the thread!

The translation feature mentioned in the original post is not yet available, as that was logged as a feature request. If you're translating your webpage and you only need to show one language, then you can use the Language editor to translate your entire webpage. However, if you'd like to translate your shop into multiple languages, then you'll want to consider using a third-party translation app. 

LangifyTranslate Your Store - Weglot, or Translation Lab - AI Translate, as mentioned earlier in the thread, are great for translating your store and these apps offer a widget for customers to switch languages. Some of these apps include geolocation as well, which can detect and display the language that your customer prefers based on their computer settings and location. If you need any help with third-party apps, you can always reach out to the developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Gariep
Excursionist
29 0 9

Need this function too

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Gariep.

I understand you're also looking to be able to translate the details for manual payment methods, and I'd be happy to add you to this feature request. If Shopify moves forward with any changes, we'll be sure to announce them on our changelog or updates page. 

If you have any other details to share with us, don't hesitate to let me know!

LooMor
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Please add me to this feature request, was there any progress or decision made regarding this feature? Is it a lost cause? We are in 2023 now and yet translating manual payment method is still IMPOSSIBLE, that's crazy and a huge critical flaw especially since it concern extremely important payment aspect of an ecommerce platform, just mind boggling how this hasn't been added yet.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @LooMor.

Thanks for joining the thread and sharing this feedback!

I'm afraid there aren't any updates on this feature request at this time. However, I can see how important this feature is to you, and I'd be happy to add you to this feature request. While we wouldn't be able to provide any sort of timeline for this development, we'll be sure to announce any new features or platform changes on the Shopify Changelog.

If you have any other questions, then don't hesitate to let me know!

HenryAuffahrt
Shopify Partner
66 3 31

Hello @Elias
please add me to the feature request as well. We need this feature also in our stores!

SEO & Webdeveloper @ Better Sell Online
Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @HenryAuffahrt.

I understand that you're also looking to add additional details or payment instructions for manual payments in your stores, and I'd be more than happy to add you to this feature request. If Shopify moves forward with any new features or platform changes, then you can find them on the Shopify Changelog.

If you have any other questions or feedback, then don't hesitate to let me know!

LooMor
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

@Elias this thread has been open since 2021 and it still is impossible to translate manual payment methods at all. Is there any way to do any kind of follow-up however minimal it may be? Maybe you dont have that kind of possibility yourself but perhaps you can ask one of your supervisor or manager or whatever, someone you can reach out to?

Like, have you guys seen this feature request and decided "nope, we don't care, we aren't doing that" or what... because it's not like this would require a complete rewriting of shopify base code, translation is already working for other things in the checkout... this is probably something that can be added with less than an afternoon of work... does this feature request actually exist or is this just something you say and there is actually nothing happening behind the scene?

There are likely thousands of customers who would like this feature but they don't know that they have to come in this community forum, find this thread and make a post to manually request for their names to be added into some potentially non existent mythical secret feature request list that has been open since 2021 (or maybe earlier)...