“Address couldn’t be verified” for military international shipping

Auryspurlin
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a client who ordered from me and her address is on a US army base in Europe. She was able to purchase the item and put in an address, but when I go to print the shipping label it says the address can’t be verified. Ive looked into what the address should look like for Shopify for a military address, and I’ve been in contact with her fo figure it out. She doesn’t have a box # so I’m not sure if I need to include that/what the address format should look like. 

Replies 3 (3)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Auryspurlin.

Thanks for bringing this to our Community forum. I noticed you are a new member, welcome! I can certainly provide you with some suggestions for creating a shipping label to a US military shipping address. 

To gather a little bit more context, which shipping carrier are you purchasing the label with? It's important that the shipping address follows a certain format, to ensure that the order arrives to your customer. If the shipping address hasn't been entered correctly by the customer, then edit the customer address using the following guidelines:

• The recipients name must be entered into the Name fields, but their rank is optional.
  • The PSC and BOX numbers for AP addresses, or the UNIT and BOX numbers for FPO and DPO addresses, must both be in the Address field.
  • The City field must contain only APO, FPO, or DPO. Don't enter the name of the city.
  • United States must be selected in the Country/Region field.
  • Armed Forces Americas, Armed Forces Europe, or Armed Forces Pacific must be selected in the State field. These locations might be entered in abbreviated form by your customer as Armed Forces America (AA), Armed Forces Europe (AE), or Armed Forces Pacific (AP).

For more information, check out our help document: US military shipping address. Please ensure that you use this format before trying to purchase the label once again. If you are still facing setbacks, let me know and I would be more than happy to continue to look into this for you.

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Auryspurlin.

Just checking in with you here. Did that format help to create your shipping label? Let me know if you have any questions!

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MAE333
Tourist
7 0 10

Hi, 

No - this is not working. 

I have shipped to this customer over 10 times and I have the exact same address format and I am still getting an error for 

Jane Doe

Address : CMR ### BOX ####

City: APO

State: Armed Forces Europe

Zip: 02909