Affiliate selling of other brands without customers having to leave my store

Hippie_Jo
5 0 0

Is there a way to sell affiliate products on Shopify without the customer having to leave my store? I want my customer to stay and complete the checkout process on my store, rather than follow an external link. Is this possible?

Replies 8 (8)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @Hippie_Jo

I’m here to help. 

This is a great question. I am curious, what kind of products did you want to sell? Are these products from a supplier?

The reason I ask is because if you are able to add the products to your Shopify store, then typically customers will be able to checkout the products on your store, and they wouldn’t need to go to an external site. The Shopify checkout is where you can accept and take payments securely online. Here is our help doc where you can learn more: Shopify checkout

What affiliate products are you selling? Let me know and I can help you with the next steps for your business.

Talk soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Hippie_Jo
5 0 0

Thanks for your reply, Tira.

I currently sell wholesale but don't want to buy more stock. However I was interested in reaching out to suppliers with an affiliate scheme to see if I could sell their products directly on my site, rather than my customers having to leave the store. This is all just in principle, as I'm not even sure how the checkout process would work, but I can't find any info about it. I guess it's similar to a drop shipping model but rather than accessing a large market via AliExpress/Oberlo, I wanted to reach out directly to small suppliers and producers based here in the UK.

Does this all make sense?!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 573 1323

Do you mean as multivendor? where your "affiliates" knowingly setup and provide you product information and inventory on YOUR store?

https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=multivendor 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Hippie_Jo
5 0 0

Thanks for your reply, Paul. I'm just trying to explore all business models and see what's possible with Shopify!

I was interested in reaching out to small UK suppliers with an affiliate scheme to see if I could sell their products directly on my site, rather than my customers having to leave the store. This is all just in principle, as I'm not even sure how the checkout process would work, but I can't find any info about it. I guess it's similar to a drop shipping model but rather than accessing a large market via AliExpress/Oberlo, I wanted to reach out directly to small suppliers and producers based here in the UK. However unlike a multi-vendor marketplace, vendors wouldn't need to set up a 'store' on my website and have all the inventory updating issues.

Does this all make sense?!

DavideCommerce
9 0 0

Hey Hippie_Jo,

We might be able to help here - it sounds like what you might want to do is set up a marketplace with mulit-vendors with possibility for multi-vendor checkout. Typically, you need a plugin/extension to do that with Shopify. 

We can help you there. I've included a link to our website if you're interested:

https://www.nauticalcommerce.com/

Are you interested in talking more? 

David

Nautical Commerce

david@nauticalcommerce.com

917-426-5625

Hippie_Jo
5 0 0

Thanks for replying, David.

No, I'm not interested in a MVM as vendors will need to monitor stock at various locations, upload product files etc and create a sub-shop on my site. I'm not confident that any MVM app on Shopify is stable enough, or will provide me with the features I would want. Hence looking at an affiliate selling type of model where customers checkout with me, and then the order goes to the supplier. But not in an AliExpress/Oberlo way, as I only want to stock niche brands from the UK.

Hippie_Jo
5 0 0

Hi David

I've just taken a look at your website and product. Can you please tell me how it differs from say 'Multi-Vendor Marketplace' Shopify app, for example? I'm trying to see if yours is more akin to what I was looking for.

Thanks.

DavideCommerce
9 0 0

That's a great question! We actually made Nautical because of that exact problem you were mentioning - a lot of the tools out there isn't made out of the box with stability in mind. 

We actually have the ability to:

1) Have vendors monitor their own stock at different locations and warehouses

2) Upload their own product files and make their own sub-shop on your site (we call it microsites)

3) We also support mutivendor checkout - your customers will pay from your site and they can also choose different products to add to the cart on your main storefront. We also have a backend dashboard where you can track and manage all your vendors. Your vendors also have access to a seller dashboard where they can track their own sales on the platform 

4) We're fully integrated with Shopify

So, in a nutshell, we'll be able to do exactly what you asked and this would also be for the niche brands from the UK. We can actually show you how that actually works if you have some time.

David