Solved

What is the best method for handling order tracking in Shopify?

Zemel303
Tourist
4 0 0

I just set up my shopify store not long ago, and I need to frequently reply to the buyer's order tracking problem. 

Is it by returning a tracking email, or let the buyer go to the carrier's to collect it, or what else?

Zemel li
Accepted Solutions (2)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Zemel303

Congratulations on recently opening up your new store! It sounds like you're running into some problems with your customer's asking about the whereabouts of their orders - do I have that right? 

To help mitigate this, I recommend setting up your Shipping settings to only offer tracked shipping options - this enables customers to self-serve and access the information they need without reaching out to your customer support email. 

Here's a great Blog Post on Shipping Strategies that are considered best practice.  

Another important practice is to create a Shipping Policy page and outline expectations very clearly so there is no confusion for your customers. 

One more thing to consider would be the addition of Shopify Inbox to your store. This allows customers to message you directly while on your website and you can help answer their questions in real-time to avoid the back and forth of email communication. Being accessible to your customers is also a really great way to build trust with your new business! Check out this Trust Checklist to learn how to optimize on that. 

Let me know what you think! I hope I understood your request correctly but if not, please clarify your question and I'll do my best to help. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

guna2876
Tourist
8 1 2

Hello Zemel303

Congratulations on your startup. Alternatively, installing a chat widget to resolve some burning questions is the best idea. The chat widget should turn a live chat session into a web call or even a video call within the same stream of communication. 

In this way, you can manage your replies and inquiries in a single platform.

Let me know if this would be of your help. 😊

Guna
CINNOX
Humanising Connections for Better Business

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @Zemel303

Congratulations on recently opening up your new store! It sounds like you're running into some problems with your customer's asking about the whereabouts of their orders - do I have that right? 

To help mitigate this, I recommend setting up your Shipping settings to only offer tracked shipping options - this enables customers to self-serve and access the information they need without reaching out to your customer support email. 

Here's a great Blog Post on Shipping Strategies that are considered best practice.  

Another important practice is to create a Shipping Policy page and outline expectations very clearly so there is no confusion for your customers. 

One more thing to consider would be the addition of Shopify Inbox to your store. This allows customers to message you directly while on your website and you can help answer their questions in real-time to avoid the back and forth of email communication. Being accessible to your customers is also a really great way to build trust with your new business! Check out this Trust Checklist to learn how to optimize on that. 

Let me know what you think! I hope I understood your request correctly but if not, please clarify your question and I'll do my best to help. 

Zemel303
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you very much for your answers and suggestions

Zemel li
Zemel303
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you very much for your suggestions

Zemel li
Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

A pleasure to be of help, Zemel!

I also wanted to connect you with these resources on Reducing Shipping Costs and a comprehensive guide on Ecommerce Shipping Solutions.

If there is anything further I can do to assist, just let me know.

guna2876
Tourist
8 1 2

Hello Zemel303

Congratulations on your startup. Alternatively, installing a chat widget to resolve some burning questions is the best idea. The chat widget should turn a live chat session into a web call or even a video call within the same stream of communication. 

In this way, you can manage your replies and inquiries in a single platform.

Let me know if this would be of your help. 😊

Guna
CINNOX
Humanising Connections for Better Business