Solved

Afterpay wont display on my website

BabyCoShine
Tourist
7 0 1

i recently added afterpay to my store but its not displayed anywhere and isnt showing on my product page 

Accepted Solution (1)
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kbstaff

Thanks for hopping into the conversation! Have you had a chance to check with Afterpay to make sure you're using the correct key? This could be an account-related issue, in which case Afterpay will be able to provide you with guidance. 

If your account credentials are correct and your Afterpay account is completely activated, then it sounds like it could be a browser issue given the fact that the key isn't saving. In this case, you'll just want to ensure that you are using a supported browser; we recommend Google Chrome. It's also a good idea to clear your cache and perhaps try again using a different device or internet connection.

Let me know how that goes!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 44 (44)

williamb
Tourist
8 0 2

It appears to be showing on this product page: https://babycoshine.com/products/baby-safe-bpa-free-banana-teether-toy

Screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.15.56 AM.png

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @BabyCoShine!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for sharing the link to your store. Unlike @williamb, I'm not able to see the Afterpay logo on your product page. However, when testing your checkout, I do see that Afterpay is an available payment method. Have you made any theme changes since @williamb's reply? 

I took a look at this help doc from the Afterpay Help Center and it looks like some custom code is required in order to add Afterpay to your product page specifically. Afterpay's help doc outlines exactly how you will need to edit your theme's code to achieve this. 

Are you also wanting to add the Afterpay logo to your website's footer? If so, I recommend checking out this forum post. There, you'll find instructions from other merchants who are also using this payment gateway and were successfully able to add the logo to their footer.

I'm curious to know if you've made any theme changes or edited your theme's code at all. Feel free to respond here and let me know!

Catrinnarenee
Visitor
1 0 0

I cant get afterpay button to show at checkout.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Catrinnarenee! Thanks for joining in on the conversation.

In order for customers to see Afterpay as a payment option, you will need to have added this particular gateway in your payments settings. Do you have Afterpay enabled in Settings > Payment providers? Have you already created an account with Afterpay? 

If you can share the link to your store, I'll be able to take a look at your online checkout so I can better assist.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yash93
Visitor
1 0 1

hi 

I have the same issue, after pay is not available at checkout. I've made it available in payment options I'm not sure on what else to do. 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Yash93!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. 

Is the Afterpay option only missing from your online checkout, or are you not seeing it on your product pages either?

In order to successfully offer Afterpay on your Shopify store, you will need to follow Afterpay's installation instructions, which can be found here. Keep in mind that this also requires you to create an account with Afterpay, at which point you'll be provided with a Merchant ID and Secret Key that you'll just need to enter on Shopify's end, over in Settings > Payments.

If you've already created an Afterpay account and have completed the installation instructions, but still aren't seeing the Afterpay option, please feel free to share your store link here. I'd be happy to take a look at the checkout on my end. 

Looking forward to your response!

Nilaygajera
Visitor
1 0 0

I have added afterpay as an alternative payment method I have followed all instruction but afterpay is not showing as below.shopify-pdp-au.png{D867853D-5125-404B-8A28-592A2A31F72A}.png.jpg

glam123
Tourist
3 0 1

Added my merchant key and code and after pay isn't displayed on my website or at checkout

Not sure what to do about this ?

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Nilaygajera and @glam123!

Thanks for joining in. I'd be glad to offer some insight here. To keep things simple, I'll reply to each of your questions here.

@Nilaygajera - I appreciate you sharing those screenshots. In the first screenshot, I see Afterpay as an option. Is this a screenshot taken from your own online store? If so, you should be seeing Afterpay as a payment method in the checkout. If you're not seeing it in the checkout, then it sounds like you haven't yet completed the account setup and you'll just need to follow Afterpay's instructions here

If, on the other hand, Afterpay is an available payment method in your online checkout, but is not showing on your product page, then you'll just need to edit your theme's code by following the instructions outlined in Afterpay's help doc. Once complete, your product page should look just like the first screenshot you shared.

@glam123 - Thanks for confirming that you've entered your Merchant ID and Secret Key on Shopify's end. Next, it would be a good idea to double-check your account settings in Afterpay to ensure that you're not in test mode. Afterpay has some information on this here. As long as your account is configured correctly on Afterpay's end and you have successfully activated it in Shopify, you should see Afterpay as an option on the Payment page within your online checkout.

Finally, if you can both share your store links, that would be super helpful. Looking forward to your response!

glam123
Tourist
3 0 1
I checked and the test button is off.
My store link is https://glamaddictedmakeup.com/
I have tried everything I think and nothing is working so any help would be so appreciated
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for the quick followup, @glam123!

Taking a look at your online checkout here on my end, I do indeed see Afterpay as an option. Here's what it looks like: 

20-10-ft3qt-ddd6h

With this option present, customers will be able to choose Afterpay as a payment method when completing their purchase. 

If you are wanting to have Afterpay appear on your product page, however, then you will just need to follow the instructions outlined in this help doc. Keep in mind that this does require some custom code, so it may be worth reaching out to a Shopify Expert if you need any assistance! 

I hope this clears things up!

glam123
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you so much!
HustlingSpirit
Tourist
3 0 1

Is anyone else having trouble with Afterpay today. It is not showing up as a payment option at checkout for some reason. It was there earlier but not displayed now.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @HustlingSpirit!

I appreciate you hopping into the conversation! I'd love to take a look at things on my end, so do you mind sharing your store URL with me? 

In the meantime, it would be super helpful if you could let me know whether you still see Afterpay reflected as an option on your product pages? Also, have you double-checked to see if your Afterpay account still connected in Settings > Payments? With a bit more context, I should be able to pinpoint the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

HustlingSpirit
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi Julie,

Thanks for your email. We figured out the problem. All is working now.

Thank you again.
UlyssesJewel
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,  I have completed all the steps below:

Registered and approved with Afterpay AU

Setup Afterpay within Shopify

I can see shopify at Checkout but NOT on each product page which is the problem?

Can you please see what is wrong with my coding? www.ulyssesjewellery.com.au

Thank you.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @UlyssesJewel!

I'm glad to hear that you've successfully set up Afterpay as a payment gateway. There are some extra steps you'll need to take in order to have Afterpay appear on your product pages.

Earlier in this thread, I shared a help doc from the Afterpay Help Center that outlines how you can do this. Did you get a chance to check that out? There is some custom code required and Afterpay's help doc outlines exactly how you will need to edit your theme's code to achieve this. 

If you've already tried editing your theme's code and you still aren't seeing Afterpay on your product pages, then I would suggest contacting a Shopify Expert for assistance. They'll be able to get this added for you, no problem.

Hope this helps!

Fantasypjs
Visitor
1 0 0

I’ve installed the codes in themes for After and it’s functioning and displays under my products but does not display on checkout. Can you help fix this? 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @Fantasypjs!

The code you added to your theme is intended to display the Afterpay logo on your product pages, rather than your checkout.

For Afterpay to be displayed as a payment method in your online checkout, you'll need to have activated Afterpay in your Shopify admin, over in Settings > Payments. We also have instructions on how to configure third-party payment providers that outlines this process. 

If Afterpay is activated and still not displaying in your checkout, then it's likely that you haven't proceeded to the Payment stage in the checkout. If you take a look at the previous responses in this thread, you'll notice that a few other merchants were also experiencing the same issue. However, this was because they did not proceed to the Payment stage.

Once you enter your information and proceed through the checkout steps, you should notice Afterpay as an option. My previous responses in this thread also include screenshots of what this looks like, so I recommend checking those out! 

If you've followed the advice outlined in this thread and you're still not seeing Afterpay, feel free to send me a link to your store so I can take a look at the checkout here on my end. 

Thanks!  

Shebaddy
Visitor
1 0 0

Could you please check my store out 

shebadclothing.Nz 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @ambience7777

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. I'm helping out my colleague Julie here, and I wanted to jump in and answer your question. 

I took a look at your site on my end, and I can see Afterpay offered as a payment option in your checkout here:  

02-36-81426-74677.png

However, the screenshot you sent where Afterpay isn't showing references the cart drawer on your site instead. In order to have this payment option show here, it looks like you'll need to add this custom coding from the Afterpay site.

It's important to mention though that this is a third-party coding snippet that isn't supported by Shopify, so if you need any assistance with this, I recommend contacting Shopify Experts for more help. Experts are third-party developers and designers who are very knowledgeable in implementing custom code to Shopify stores, so they're a great resource to consider using for this task. Check out more information on Shopify Experts here

The above details should get you on the right track to adding Afterpay to your cart drawer, but please keep me posted on how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

customphotoprop
Visitor
3 0 0

I also have it installed on our website but it is not showing up for a customer to use it. I was informed of this when she exhibited issues and, sure enough, it's not showing on our site. 

www.customphotoprops.com

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @customphotoprop!

Thanks for sharing the link to your store. You've done a great job with your theme, by the way!

I just took a look at your product pages and your online checkout here on my end and I actually see Afterpay present on both. Here's what I see on your product page:

20-10-widjj-10b2w

When I add this product to the cart and proceed to the checkout, I see Afterpay as an available payment option. This is what it looks like: 
20-10-wkcgt-rpkqv

Keep in mind that Afterpay is an option once you reach the Payment stage of the online checkout, which is immediately after the customer selects their preferred shipping method on the Shipping page.

Did your customer happen to mention whether she was able to proceed to this step in the checkout? 

windandwillowco
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey Julie, 

I am having the same issue as some other people. 

I have been approved for Afterpay and they have said it is fully functional on my website but Afterpay wont appear at checkout. 

www.windandwillowco.com 

Thanks for your help 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @windandwillowco!

Thanks for hopping into the conversation and I appreciate you sharing the link to your store. Your rainbow products are super cute, by the way!

Taking a look at your product pages, I can see the Afterpay logo directly above the Add to Cart button. I also see Afterpay as a payment option in your online checkout, directly on the Payment page. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing here on my end: 

20-12-c5xts-l5ab0

Have you had a chance to reach this stage in the checkout? If you can share a screenshot of what you're seeing instead, that would be super helpful.

Looking forward to your update!

windandwillowco
Visitor
2 0 1
Hey Julie,

Silly me - I was looking at express checkout and not standard - that’s why I couldn’t see Afterpay at checkout.

Thanks for your help 🙂
kbstaff
Tourist
3 0 1

Help! I'm in a similar situation. I have set up my account with Afterpay, but when I save my Merchant ID and key, only my Merchant ID saves. 

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kbstaff

Thanks for hopping into the conversation! Have you had a chance to check with Afterpay to make sure you're using the correct key? This could be an account-related issue, in which case Afterpay will be able to provide you with guidance. 

If your account credentials are correct and your Afterpay account is completely activated, then it sounds like it could be a browser issue given the fact that the key isn't saving. In this case, you'll just want to ensure that you are using a supported browser; we recommend Google Chrome. It's also a good idea to clear your cache and perhaps try again using a different device or internet connection.

Let me know how that goes!

kbstaff
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Julie! I was trying to accept your solution, but it wasn't linked. Thank you so much, 

Adam109
Tourist
10 0 2

So I am trying to set up after pay, I have added it as an alternative, I have added the secret key for my account, I have added the code found on their documentation, but it still doesn't appear in the checkout. 
Thankyou in advanced!

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.32.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.31.06 pm.png

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi @Adam109!

Thanks for sharing the link to your store and including that screenshot. 

Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like you're still on the Information page in the checkout, rather than the Payment page. On the Information page, you'll only see express checkout options, which generally included accelerated payment gateways like Shop Pay, PayPal Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Amazon Pay. These options save returning customers' payment and shipping information, allowing for a faster checkout process. 

When you get to the Payment page in the checkout, you'll see the option to pay with credit card (through Shopify Payments), PayPal, or Afterpay. I just proceeded through your checkout and Afterpay is indeed an available option. Here's what I see when I'm on that page: 

21-01-ve9ee-4tjp7

So, it looks like you're all set and you should be able to accept payments with Afterpay now! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Adam109
Tourist
10 0 2

I spent a stupid amount of time on this for no reason... 
Thankyou, i feel silly, but appreciate it! 🙂 

Calipsomiami
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey! My website is calipsoboutique.com I already have the after pay account approved but it doesn’t show up

Adam109
Tourist
10 0 2

G'day Cali

It looks like it's working, when checking, make sure you go to the payment options after putting in postal details
1.png

LusciousLiving
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Afterpay won't display as a option on my website i have activated it under payment provider on shopify and entered my merchant id ect. please help. https://lusciousl.com/cart

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @LusciousLiving!

Thanks for sharing the link to your store. I'm able to see Afterpay as a payment option here on my end, so it looks like you've enabled Afterpay correctly. As mentioned above, the Afterpay payment option can be found on the Payment stage in your online checkout, as shown here: 

21-05-pwzr4-w7ki0

If you are wanting to have Afterpay appear on your product page as well, then you will just need to follow the instructions outlined in this help doc. Keep in mind that this does require some custom code, so it may be worth reaching out to a Shopify Expert if you need any assistance! 

I hope this clears things up! 

Patienceisavi
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried going through all the checkout info but afterpay still doesn’t display and here is my link. “Patienceisvirtue.com” 

Adam109
Tourist
10 0 2

G'day mate, 

I went through and had a look, it looks like you either found the solution or hadn't gone through the cart options far enough to see it. 
Once you select the shipping options, then you see the payment options ( I made that mistake when I made this thread ) 
Your after pay is there, it gets confusing when all you see first is the express checkout options. 

I would also like to add, just as a little extra, I personally found the text for "Remove" hard to see, just a little heads up. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 2.28.32 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-16 at 2.26.59 am.png

MadiXavier
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi there,

I have just updated my theme and now afterpay messaging is no longer appearing on my product or checkout pages.

I followed the Afterpay Site Messaging guide to add the coding into the theme liquid but that seems to have only added the small symbol on the footer.

Would you mind having a look at my site to see if you can see the issue?

https://www.chasingthemoment.com.au/collections/necklaces/products/18k-gold-plated-chasing-rainbows-...

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @MadiXavier!

Afterpay has instructions on how to add their messaging to your product pages. Since the Afterpay icon is appearing in your footer, it sounds like you may not be entering the code in the correct theme file. Did you happen to check out these specific instructions? 

If you are still having troubles adding Afterpay to your product pages, then I suggest contacting a Shopify Expert for assistance. There are plenty of Shopify Experts skilled in custom code who would be happy to implement this for you.

As for your checkout pages, the theme update shouldn't have removed Afterpay as an available payment method; as long as Afterpay is activated in Settings > Payments, customers will see it as an option in the Payment stage of your online checkout.

Because you aren't seeing it, it sounds like you haven't yet passed through the Information and Shipping stages to the Payment stage, which is a common occurrence that many merchants in this thread were facing. As previously mentioned in this thread, you'll just need to go through your entire checkout (without processing a payment) in order to see Afterpay. After navigating through your online checkout here on my end, I can confirm that Afterpay is an available payment method. 

I hope this clears things up, but let me know if you have further questions! 

Precious405
Visitor
2 0 0

I can't get it to show up at all. I've tried everything. Shopify doesn't show me a settings and payment providers

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Precious405

Thanks for joining this thread. 

Once you log in to your Shopify admin via this link, you should see the option to click on 'Settings' at the bottom of the left hand sidebar. Then, 'Payments' will be an option to select on the 'Settings' page. If you're not able to see this on your end, please let me know and I'll be happy to help further! 

In the meantime though, when you originally tried to set up Afterpay, did you follow the steps listed here?

Keep me posted!

Precious405
Visitor
2 0 0
This is what I get. There is no settings
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Precious405

Thank you for letting me know. 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the area of your Shopify admin you're working in, and what information you can see?

Before posting this screenshot here though, please make sure that all of your sensitive information is blocked out. This will help protect your own privacy. 

Once I have this screenshot, I can continue helping out!