Solved

Why are all my product variants not functioning properly?

genconian
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Hi all,

I hope someone here can help me out.  Actually have facing issue with variants. more than 1 variant when I  used its not working.

Accepted Solution (1)
Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

This is an accepted solution.

Not to worry, I'm sure we can get those variants added! Can you see the option here to add variants?

08-40-12137-25452

If this is not working for you, you could also export your product via CSV file, make the changes you want, then import the product again? A CSV file is all your product details spread out in individual pieces in a spreadsheet document. This makes it easy for you to make a lot of changes in bulk! When you import via CSV, you have the option to overwrite the old product details, so the changes you make will be saved to the admin. I've made a video here on how to do this, as it can be a little tricky if you've never done it before! 

Let me know if you are still having issues, we can take things from there.

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hi, @genconian!

Could you let me know what kind of issues you are seeing with your variants? If you could share a link with me for one of your product pages, I'd be happy to take a closer look at what's going on. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you soon! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

genconian
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Hi 

I am facing this problem when I enter all variant then product not show Like i put color size wait images etc. then product will not show , or if I put single variant Like only color it will be show. actually i want to display all variants. https://pro-advantage21.myshopify.com/collections/13-fishing-spinning-rods/products/13-fishing-fate-...

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Thanks for the response, @genconian!

I'm afraid I can't open that link, it looks like your store is still password protected! Not to worry though, we can still chat here!

Can I ask how you are creating the extra product variants? The items you've listed below sound like product options rather than product varients. Product options are things like Colour, Size, Weight - different things but within the same product! Product variants are different variations for each product option. So for example, the product option would be Colour, and the product variants would be black, white, blue, green, etc. 

There is a guide here for creating and updating Products, and another guide here for creating Product Variants. Could you take a look at these guides and let me know if you can add different variants after following them? I'm sure we can get you up and running with the correct variants! 

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

genconian
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Thanks for the response, @Ava 

This is not I am talking About, Problem is that I cant add more than 1 variants in products.

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

This is an accepted solution.

Not to worry, I'm sure we can get those variants added! Can you see the option here to add variants?

08-40-12137-25452

If this is not working for you, you could also export your product via CSV file, make the changes you want, then import the product again? A CSV file is all your product details spread out in individual pieces in a spreadsheet document. This makes it easy for you to make a lot of changes in bulk! When you import via CSV, you have the option to overwrite the old product details, so the changes you make will be saved to the admin. I've made a video here on how to do this, as it can be a little tricky if you've never done it before! 

Let me know if you are still having issues, we can take things from there.