Solved

Anyone else frustrated with new "update" re: Inventory vs. On Hand Quantity?

annafaie
Excursionist
14 0 110

I just discovered that when I view all products > by vendor > bulk edit, the Column options have changed and now the only way to update Inventory is by using the "On Hand Quantity" column? I raised this issue with Support and after a 2 hours chat, here is what I was told:

Shopify: "Regarding our Support team, yes there is an update regarding the Inventory.

There's a new update when it comes to inventory states. We can't edit the "available" section anymore, instead we can edit the "on hand". So on hand state represents = committed + available. This means this is an expected behavior that when you adjust the on hand, the available would too."

Me: Why did they make that update? It will be a huge timesuck for someone like me who runs inventory differently. Can you pass that feedback along to them? I never have anything on hand - I keep no inventory - my inventory tells me what has been purchased so if all I can see when I edit is "On Hand", I won't be able to bulk edit my Inventory I'll have to go into each products (hundreds) to update manually

Shopify: "I do understand that Anna, and yes I will be passing this feedback of yours with our developers"

Me: So, there is nothing they can do? I'm stuck with this "update"?

Shopify: "As of the moment, the only thing you can do is update your available inventory using "on hand".

On hand represents all inventory a merchant physically has at a location. On hand = Committed (to an order) + Available (for sale) + Unavailable (e.g. draft order reservation). With this release, merchants can no longer edit the Available quantity in Admin: the only manually editable quantity will be On hand."

Me: It's a stupid update b/c not everyone manages inventory this way. I have nothing physically in stock. I don't ship anything or fullfil orders through Shopify

Shopify: "My apologies about the update"

Me: On Hand is nothing that correlates to my business and now I'm forced to use it.

Is anyone else having this issue? It's going to create hours more work for me for my store if I have to update every single product manually.

Accepted Solutions (3)
Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Thank you for your patience while we worked on reviewing your feedback and making changes to the experience. We have launched updates to address some of the pain points you’ve shared. Here are the changes we shipped today:
  • You can now edit the Available state, as well as On hand. You are able to enter negative inventory quantities into both of these fields.
  • Available is now directly editable anywhere you see On hand: the inventory list, product pages, variant pages and bulk editors.
  • These changes apply to web Admin only for the time being, but the Mobile app will soon be updated as well.
As a reminder, here’s what we shipped earlier this week:
  • Re-enabled legacy CSV import which allows you to directly modify your Available values. You can also continue to export the legacy CSV template.
  • Significant performance improvements for exporting the new inventory CSV template which includes On hand, Committed and Unavailable states.
We’d like to learn more about your business to continue building the best solutions for you. Please let us know if these resolve your issues or if you have any questions in this  thread or reach out to our Shopify Support team.

Blair | Shopify 

Jacqui
Community Moderator
185 25 337

Hey everyone, 

Based on feedback from merchants like yourself, our product team has been hard at work making changes to Shopify’s inventory system. We wanted to highlight a feature that might be of use to many of you!

You now have full control over which quantities you see on your Inventory page, and in what order. This means that if On hand does not make sense for your business, you can now hide it from your inventory page. You can also rearrange your inventory page so that Available is always shown first.

This feature also helps you to create work-flow specific views. For example, if you wanted to create a saved view to inform your reordering decisions, you could show only the Available and Incoming quantities, with a filter for Available < 10 and call it “Low Stock”.

Learn how to do this in our help docs.

Thank you again for all of your feedback!

Jacqui | Community Moderator @ Shopify

Replies 196 (196)

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

I’m still amazed that Shopify can bypass so many useful suggestions on these discussions and bring in such a useless update. 

It’s wasting so much of our time. The only answer I can get from shopify is someone explaining HOW it works…I mean we can see that, we’re not stupid, we’re just saying the update is and we want to know WHY!

This and the extra button to access the search bar in products…unbelievable!

simon_evolution
Visitor
3 0 0

Agreed, whoever thought that adding an extra button click into the interface every time I want to search up a product was a good choice. I'm forced to click this button hundreds of times a day, it's hugely unproductive slowing down my workflow. 

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

I'm having another issue. I now have to update inventory quantity using the "on hand" column. When I click the up or down arrows to change the quantity, I get taken to the top of the page with a white box that says to save the adjustment. I then have to scroll all the way back down the page to that inventory item to save it. Can you stop the jump to the top of the page?

Can you make the "available" column to be able to change and adjust quantities how it used to be? I was never jumped to the top of the page with a reminder to save the adjustment. 

Please fix the "on hand" column adjustment and remove it jumping to the top of the page with the save reminder box. I'd prefer it going back to how it was and being able to adjust quantity in the "available" column.

Janusa
Tourist
8 0 32

I am with you, so so frustrate, I could check just in a glance of eye what I had to restock, now I have to click on EVERY SINGLE SIZES TO KNOW WHAT IS IN STOCK.... GOSH I HOPE THEY FIX IT SOON

KMK-PF1
Visitor
1 0 4

I agree, the new update is completely unnecessary and infuriating. We do daily inventory updates and this has made it way more complicated then it needs to be! Undo the update @Shopify or at least give your customers the option to only update the "Available" column again!!

fluffylady
Visitor
1 0 7

Agree. "On hand" is useless when on a call with a customer who wants to purchase something I am low on, I go to check how many of the item I have and "on hand" includes committed and available items - Thus I have NO idea how many I have, unless I check all the orders with committed numbers while on the call with the customer? NO THANKS. Similarly, doing inventory with this update has been a nightmare. I have 2 shopify businesses, and I am so frustrated with this update. Back to "IN STOCK" amounts PLEASE!!

web_at_ambi
Tourist
5 0 13

Ugh, it's terrible.  I don't understand how this is an improvement.  And the explanation from the Shopify staff for this nonsense update is a mile long.  If it takes that long to explain it, it's too complicated! 

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Thank you for your patience while we worked on reviewing your feedback and making changes to the experience. We have launched updates to address some of the pain points you’ve shared. Here are the changes we shipped today:
  • You can now edit the Available state, as well as On hand. You are able to enter negative inventory quantities into both of these fields.
  • Available is now directly editable anywhere you see On hand: the inventory list, product pages, variant pages and bulk editors.
  • These changes apply to web Admin only for the time being, but the Mobile app will soon be updated as well.
As a reminder, here’s what we shipped earlier this week:
  • Re-enabled legacy CSV import which allows you to directly modify your Available values. You can also continue to export the legacy CSV template.
  • Significant performance improvements for exporting the new inventory CSV template which includes On hand, Committed and Unavailable states.
We’d like to learn more about your business to continue building the best solutions for you. Please let us know if these resolve your issues or if you have any questions in this  thread or reach out to our Shopify Support team.

Blair | Shopify 

Colin_M
Shopify Partner
14 1 6

Kudos to you and the Shopify product and dev teams for handling this! There was a lot of blowback, and rightfully so, but you've handled it well. I have no doubt it was a large effort to make such significant changes so quickly.

Will these changes be carrier over to the API soon as well? Also, what about the Fulfillment Service callback for `fetch_stock.json` (which only accepts one value, but I'd much prefer it to be interpreted differently)?

rhdw1
Excursionist
16 0 58

Thanks for the info, Blair, but this is not exactly true. "Available" does not show on my product pages (only On Hand). No inventory numbers are available on many of my bulk edit pages...they do show up on some of them, but not all. This update is unfinished!

If this ever does get fully fixed, will customers see "Available" or "On Hand" (I use "STOCK LEVEL inventory quantity application" that is supposed to show, "Available" and not "On Hand"). I do not want customers to see "On Hand". I need them to see what is available, even though some quantities have not been shipped yet, therefore, they are not available, even though they are "On Hand". "On Hand" is only for internal reference.

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

@Blair Thank you for the update, however this is another improvement and not a solution.

The on hand quantity is useless and does not need to be there on the product or bulk edit pages, this is causing confusion as to what stock we actually do have to sell.

We're almost there guys...😂

Also see attached photo...I have to scroll across to find the available stock...but this is still AFTER the on hand column? Make it make sense 😅 If we're busy and in a hurry, which we likely all are, this on hand column is useless and confusing! We could easily mistake a product for being available when it's not.

I think maybe the developers just need to admit defeat on the whole 'on hand' update, failures happen sometimes it's ok 😉

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 14.52.01.png

rhdw1
Excursionist
16 0 58

And I can't even tell what item this is for if I scroll to see the other columns. Like Dawn08's screenshot, I do not have an image for items. The name disappears as I scroll over. This is so ridiculous. 

Username2023
Excursionist
19 0 88

@Blair @Shay 

Can you please let us know what’s being done to fix the issue regarding not being able to see the variant names?

It’s impossible to update inventory from the product screen since we aren’t able to see the variant names when we scroll over to the edit inventory columns.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 10.02.58 AM.png

It’s also impossible to update inventory from the “inventory” screen because every time I click on “save” for one variant, the page jumps to the top of the screen and doesn’t allow me to save the other variant changes. Hopefully that is just a glitch that you guys are working to correct? @Blair 

There are times when we need to be able to adjust the inventory for multiple variants at once, not just 1 variant at a time.

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 10.19.00 AM.png

When "save" is clicked, it jumps to the top of the page, and we lose the other variant edits & lose place of where we were editing. 

This update really did a lot of damage & has caused so much wasted time and frustration. I can't stress enough how disappointed we are that this update was pushed through without any warning or heads up on the changes being made.

Please take everyone's comments here to heart and consider letting your Shopify customers know PRIOR to rolling out these types of huge changes. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi everyone, thank you for your continued feedback on this. I can see that many of you have also shared feedback on two things on the inventory management page. 

Concern one: Unable to see product title on the inventory management page. 

This change is separate from the onhand/available inventory update but your feedback on this has been shared with the product team for consideration. I have no update at this time if this will be changed, but your feedback on this thread and feedback shared through our live support channels is always reviewed. 

Concern two: Inventory page jumps to the top of the screen after hitting save. 

This issue is definitely not the expected behavior and if you are experiencing this please do a full browser cache and cookie clear and reach out to our authenticated support channels for additional help. I tested this myself in my own store and did not have this issue, so it could be isolated to specific browsers or devices. 

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

@Shay @Blair 

Please could someone provide an update on what is happening with the updates, we're still waiting for the on hand update to be removed on mobile.

Also we want the on hand column removing from bulk edit, and on the product page, its serves no purpose, confuses everyone and is still causing issues.

Can you confirm that this is in progress?

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

I have tried on 2 different computers with different operating systems and 3 browsers and am STILL getting jumped to the top of the page when I click Save. I've cleared cache, restarted, etc. and still am jumped to the top of the page. Please have this looked into.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

@neda @BlackLab @Bubbakinsblanks @G514 @Santo_Roman @Janusa @aline808 (and anyone I missed)

You have all mentioned issues with your inventory levels changing without this being done by any staff on the account. This is obviously a huge concern and we want to investigate that further with you. Please reach out to our authenticated support along with answers to these questions:

• When did you see these changes happening?
  • What products were affected?
  • What were the inventory discrepancies you noticed?
  • Were you able to see these inventory changes in the inventory history for the products?

To report issues related to inventory changes made without staff involvement please follow these steps:

• Click this link: Shopify Help Center.
  • Follow the on screen prompts to sign in, choose your topic and issue
  • Select "Live Chat" for support. 
  • Share this message with the support advisor you connect with:
    • Hi! I have been asked to reach out by Shay in the community forums (https://bit.ly/3XUqZhl) to report an issue with my inventory changing without any staff involvement. I was told that ticket number 36205451 will have more information for you.

---

If anyone is experiencing issues with the save option on your inventory page please also reach out to our authenticated support channels to report this. As these issues are not affecting all merchant accounts our technical team will require this to be escalated to them for further support and investigation. 

If you are able to create a screen recording of this issue to share with our support team that would be incredibly helpful. 

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

@Shay @Blair  When is the update coming for mobile? Please can we have an update this is just ridiculous.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

@Dawn08, your feedback on the new On Hand column has been shared with our product team but at this time there is no expectation that we will remove the On Hand feature. 

Alyson01
Excursionist
22 0 14

Is shopify not reading all this feedback regarding the new on hand column?? This is affecting everyones business!!! Extremely disappointing. 

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

Apparently we're just being ignored now 😂😂 Unbelievable. 

Vonda_Youngkin
Explorer
75 0 51

Should have the ability to add and remove columns, as you do with bulk editing.

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

@Shay @Blair Please tell me they are at least working on some improvements?? Currently I have to go through 4 steps to see how many of each product I have available to sell.

- Search for product

- Select product

- Tap variant

- Tap more next to inventory to then see how many are available

This is not a good way to work I really do not understand.

IMG_4414.jpgIMG_4415.jpgIMG_4416.jpg

Vonda_Youngkin
Explorer
75 0 51

And that would be ok, but how about adding BACK the "INCOMING" column? 

Vonda_Youngkin
Explorer
75 0 51

This is how I now have to setup in order to re-order products.  Before, the Inventory screen contained the "INCOMING" qty based on Transfers created.  This is no longer the case, as is a reduction of service by Shopify.  Why not just allow the end user to modify which columns they want during any view - whether it's bulk edit of products or inventory?  Why hamstring shop owners?

Clipboard02.jpg

Noah_D
Explorer
44 1 78

@Shay , 

@Shay wrote:

@Dawn08, your feedback on the new On Hand column has been shared with our product team but at this time there is no expectation that we will remove the On Hand feature. 

I understand that we shouldn't expect Shopify to remove the new On Hand feature (I think it's a stretch to call it a feature).

But can we still hope for the column to be moved so that this number that nobody wants to see isn't the only number that we can see without scrolling?

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 4.56.47 PM.png

If you compare the above to a product without variants I that it becomes pretty obvious why people are so upset. At least in that situation you can see all of the numbers at a glance

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 4.25.11 PM.png

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

@Noah_D it's even worse on mobile 😩

I have 2 more steps (for each size) to even check if they're available, we just can't work like this.

I need to know at the first step how many I have available to sell, not how many have been committed as well as available, I don't know how this many people saying the same thing just isn't getting through 😩

IMG_4580.jpg

BlackLab
Excursionist
13 0 28

This is insane. I’m actually in disbelief that Shopify is letting this go on and on. I commented on a thread below as well so not to repeat myself but in short, I just spent four hours, adding new products and counting all the inventory, etc. saved all the files (same as I have for many many years) and then started getting calls from customers asking why everything was already sold out, Shopify posted all of my inventory numbers as 0 and didn’t save anything of the numbers I input. It saved all the other information (product description, pictures barcodes etc) but dumped all my inventory numbers back to zero as soon as I hit save. Now I have to go back through and recount everything, re-add everything and I guess hope that it saves this time? Insanity. @Shopify 

Alyson01
Excursionist
22 0 14
That happened to me as well today!!!!! I input inventory saved it. Went
live and realized my numbers were at 0.

--
Alyson Jacobson
40 Oak Boutique
908-295-2271
www.shop40oak.com
Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @BlackLab and @Alyson01 

That situation with your inventory not saving properly is absolutely not a great place to be. Please reach out to our live support to report this and have it escalated to our technical team for further assistance. Without creating a support ticket for this issue our technical team will not be able to review what happened or why it happened that way. 

Please follow these steps to report this so that we can get this resolved for you and any other affected merchants. 

• Click this link: Shopify Help Center.
  • Follow the on screen prompts to sign in, choose your topic and issue
  • Select "Live Chat" for support. 
  • Share this message with the support advisor you connect with:
    • Hi! I have been asked to reach out by Shay in the community forums (https://bit.ly/3XUqZhl) to report an issue with my inventory updates not saving. I believe this issue may be related to rollout of inventory states earlier in February. I was told that ticket number 36205451 will have more information for you.

---

@Dawn08 - Thank you again for continuing to share your feedback here.

The On Hand and Available states are now integrated features of the platform. I recognize the change in workflow hasn't been ideal for all our merchants. I do expect more optimization changes to roll out in the future, but I don't have a timeline for that right now. 

Username2023
Excursionist
19 0 88

@Shay  @Blair @Shopify 

Today I noticed there's now a negative amount listed for a variant. We have no open orders for this item, so there shouldn't be anything listed in the committed column. 

The item is sold out, but shouldn't be negative. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 9.47.26 AM.png

I want to make all the numbers zero, since we don't have any stock for this item, nor are there committed orders. 

With the recent update, it's now impossible to get this to zero out. There is no option to edit the committed column, there are no orders to fulfill or cancel.

When the "on hand" column is adjusted to 0, the system auto-populates the "available" column to "1". Which then makes the inventory for that variant 1, which means it looks like we have that item in stock and a customer can purchase it. The item is out of stock - so it shouldn't be appearing as if we have it in stock. It also shouldn't be appearing as a negative number. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 10.07.28 AM.png

This is just 1 of the many, many issues we've encountered since the update. It's so frustrating and impossible to keep our inventory accurate now.

Every day there is a new problem. We don't have time to contact support every day, wait on hold every day, have to explain the problems every day, submit screen shots of the issues every day - only to be told Shopify will let the developers know but nothing can be done at this time. 

We are still encountering the issue with the screen jumping to the top of the page when trying to save adjustment changes from the "inventory" screen. I was hoping this issue would be corrected by now but it hasn't been as of today. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

HI @Username2023 

Thank you for the screenshot. I recognize it is important to get your inventory count correct and if the issues you are facing (like the negative committed item) are possibly related to our new inventory states then you need to contact our support team to report this. 

Issues like the saving inventory changes and the page jumping to the top, or showing committed items when none are committed in your orders, are not issues that everyone is experiencing. We need to have you reach out to our authenticated support channels to report this. Our technical team is not able to investigate inside of individual stores without first having the account owner or authorized staff member reach out, create a ticket and confirm that access is granted. 

I know that this takes time, and time is valuable. But this is the only way our developers can review and correct any of these unique issues you might be facing. By referencing the ticket number in my provided message, this will allow us to fast track issues that might be related to our new inventory states. Please feel free to share your new and open tickets about these issues in the community thread here as well if you like. 

• Hi! I have been asked to reach out by Shay in the community forums (https://bit.ly/3XUqZhl) to report an issue with my inventory updates not saving. I believe this issue may be related to rollout of inventory states earlier in February. I was told that ticket number 36205451 will have more information for you.

rhdw1
Excursionist
16 0 58

Wow, that should be the other way around. I had a similar situation the other day. I had one available (and one On Hand) and zero committed. I then removed a quantity of one from available and someone was still able to order one. So I then had available of negative one. So annoying.

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

Me, too, screen still jumping to the top when I adjust quantity in Products > Inventory using either Available or On  Hand and click Save. Frustrating as I have to then scroll back down the page to adjust another. When I do, I'm jumped to the top of the page again. @Shay  if others are reporting this not sure why nothing is being done about it? Just because you can't replicate the issue does not mean it's not there, because, well, it is!

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Holly812 

If the issue is isolated to specific merchant accounts then we need access to the store, which would include access to sensitive business data, to continue troubleshooting the cause. Because of this we require merchants to contact our support team through our authenticated channels to provide that permission. Without it, we are not able to access affected accounts for additional troubleshooting. 

This may seem a bit redundant, but the end goal is to protect your account data and the integrity of your business. 

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

Here's another thread with the same issue where they say support was supposed to escalate this issue:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/manual-inventory-change-causes-page-to-jump-to-t...

npoulos
Tourist
8 0 59

Having the exact same issue with jumping. I have tried different browsers and cleared cache as @Shay has said to do but this hasn't fixed it at all.

From debugging this in the dev tools i can see that clicking the "Save" button causes the focus to shift to an item at the top of the page causing it to scroll to the top. Also, if you have edited multiple items values but yet to hit save, when you do hit save on one item It also ends up applying a class and aria state to all other save buttons causing them to disappear without saving those items inventory changes. 

@Shay this is a huge problem and while i've seen you tell people they need to talk to support to get them to log into our accounts, it's clear this is a very widespread bug and everyone i know that runs a Shopify store is experiencing the same thing.

You need to file a bug report with your developers instead of requiring us to sit on a live chat with a rep that is going to run through some script and get us nowhere. You should be raising a ticket and making it high priority.

I've isolated the page jumping to only happening when you are either in a saved filter view within the inventory page or have performed a search within the "All" view. (this might be why you couldn't recreate the bug) It doesn't happen in the default "All" view without a search. After the "Save" button is hit, the focus is pushed to either the saved views button along the top, or the search bar input if it's visible.

Steps to recreate the jumping -

1. Go to products > inventory

2. Click the search icon and perform a search (that returns many products)

npoulos_1-1678017400550.png

3. Scroll down so that the topmost bar of the website is our of view and you can only see products listed.

4. Change either the on-hand or available number and hit the save button.

Result: The page will save that items value and then scroll you back to the top of the page.

Another method to recreate the jumping -

2. Click the name of a saved filter view

npoulos_0-1678017368733.png

3. Scroll down so that the topmost bar of the website is out of view and you can only see products listed.

4. Change either the on-hand or available number and hit the save button.

Result: The page will save that items value and then scroll you back to the top of the page.

Steps to recreate the save buttons disappearing

2. Click either a saved view, or perform a search that returns many items.

2. Change the available or on-hand amount of multiple products in the inventory list

3. Click save on one item.

Result: Page will save that one item, hide all the other save buttons and scroll you back to the top. (only ever saving the inventory amount of the item who's save button you hit)

@Shay it is such a shame to have seen you basically argue with people in this thread about this. I'm so disappointed in how yourself and Shopify have handled this newest roll out. It clearly didn't go through QA/QC and has caused such a massive headache for your customers.

This takes such simple investigation to figure out what is going on and what the problem is and yet instead of testing you are just arguing and Shopify is not investigating. 

Please forward on the above methods to recreate the bug to your devs. This needs to be fixed.

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

Thank you, Npoulos. I reported this to Support about 2 weeks ago now and nothing has been done although they said they would "pass it on to the developers". Thanks for figuring out exactly why its jumping to the top of the page once we hit Save. Sounds like the developers should be able to fix this now, @Shay . Or maybe you, Npoulos, can get a temporary tech job at Shopify to help us all out!

Username2023
Excursionist
19 0 88

👏🙌👏

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

@Shay Can you give us an update on the page jumping issue? Are the developers working to fix this using the information @npoulos provided? Maybe @npoulos could chat with the developers if necessary to get this fixed?

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Thanks everyone for your feedback here and to @npoulos for the steps to recreate the issue and the video clip. 

I was able to connect with our developers and confirm that this issue has been reported and is being investigated. I don't have a timeline for a resolution, but our developers are aware of the problem. 

Noah_D
Explorer
44 1 78

@Shay ,

Do you have any information about if and when the desktop interface might have the Variants section updated? Specifically when the On hand column might be moved.

Unfortunately it is still the first visible column (where it just causes confusion). 

@Username2023 described the problem very well on 2/9.

Here's another real life example of how terrible the update is for Shopify customers who manage/track inventory. 

From the product page, it now only shows "on hand" amounts unless you scroll over to see the "available", "committed", "incoming" amounts. 

Well, when you scroll over to view the available amount, it cuts off the name of the variant!

So if there's a product with lots of variants, it's impossible to keep this straight when trying to get a quick view of "available" inventory levels for variants. 😩

Noah_D_2-1678231064738.png

Noah_D_3-1678231064739.png 

At this point we all understand that the On hand 'feature' is here to stay but I hope that Shopify understands that this is not what we want or need to see. We need to see the Available inventory.  I do hope that Shopify will listen to the many customers that have said this is a problem over the last month. 

Please change the order of the columns. (It can't be that hard.)

Dawn08
Excursionist
17 0 48

Also still waiting for an update on this. The on hand column appearing first on desktop only causes confusion as @Noah_D mentioned, along with several others.

We don't need it, we understand it's not going to be removed, but at least move it out of the way.

It's such a shame so much time has been wasted on a feature no one asked for...and doesn't even improve our experience!

KL-Swimwear
Tourist
9 0 2

Found a chrome extension that fixes this issue of not being wide enough - Widescreen Shopify Admin

It's not like Shopify couldn't implement this code on their own accord...!

KL
Colettg
Visitor
1 0 0

Just thought I'd mention that the Products - Inventory screen might be helpful for you, as it displays all inventory columns.  

Products-Inventory screen.JPG

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

@Shay Looks like things have changed again. I've lost the ability to click Save beside On Hand and now have to go all the way up to the top to click save when a quantity is changed which is just as annoying as being jumped to the top of the page. Please put Save back beside On Hand  column.1.png

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

Now, I can't save the inventory. When I click Save the following appears

2.jpg When I then click "Cancel", it says, ''Failed to Update Quantity" and I have no way to save the quantity change.

3.jpg

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @Holly812 

Thank you for those screenshots. Are you still experiencing this issue when you try to save? It definitely shouldn't be the case and our technical support team has requested you reach out to create a ticket so they can review this more closely. 

Please initiate a support request through chat or email in our Help Center and be sure to also reference the ticket number: 36205451 in your support interaction. This will ensure that your ticket is sent to the appropriate team immediately for a review. 

Update: Global Save

A fix for issues with the page reloading or jumping to the top upon saving changes to inventory or products has been made. Along with this we have incorporated an easier to use Save feature. After updating the field with your changes you can either hit Enter/Return on your keyboard or use the save button located in the sticky header at the top of the screen. You can also edit multiple fields and save them at one time instead of one by one, whichever is your preference. 

DianBroodryk
Tourist
8 0 17

Just came here to see if anyone else is also annoyed with this... I just don't get it. Shopify stop changing things no one has an issue with damnit! 

Holly812
Excursionist
17 0 21

@Shay Can we have an update on the jumping to top of page issue? I'm not understanding why this isn't getting fixed. It shouldn't be that hard to change some coding to stop it from going to the top of the page or the search box once Save is clicked. Is this ever going to get fixed or is it just going to stay like this? Can a developer post and let us know why this hasn't been fixed yet? Clearly, it's a widespread issue and has been going on over a month now.