Solved

Anyone else wish helping your clients with owner-level tasks was easier?

supafly
Excursionist
19 0 8

Trying to help my client build and manage their shop. They are aware and approve of the Shopify plan, theme, and app fees that I recommend for them but they don't have the time and know-how to install and pay for them so I can continue building their store. It's why they hire someone to deal with all this in the first place.

I wish Shopify would create some sort of authorization check box that would allow the store owner to assign similar owner/admin privileges to staff and collaborators of their choosing.

One of my clients are a husband/wife team and only one of them can be made store owner and have owner privileges to see billing/payment areas and buy things? Silly! And when I have to contact them to say, let's set up a call so I can walk you through adding an app or setting up your final payments settings, and they say "can't you do this for us?" and I have to tell them "no?" Silly.

I don't think Shopify needs to babysit company owners in this way. Allow them to give full privileges to the people and vendors they trust. Please. Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @supafly 

Thanks for reaching out to provide some feedback on the permissions that are available to staff accounts. I appreciate your frustration when working on a client's store, and being unable to access some areas of the admin. Thanks for sharing the specific example. 

One thing to note is that adding apps, and approving billing charges has been added to the permissions page, which you may not have known! Below is a screenshot of some items you might not have seen available: 

21-53-1738-78963

There is a detailed list regarding all staff permissions available outlined in our help document here. 

As for the rest of the store owner permissions, they are setup this way for the security and safety of our merchants. These are highly sensitive ares that include billing details, capital information, and pricing plans. That being said, I do understand your frustration, and have provided some feedback to our developers on your behalf. While we can't guarantee any changes, the more feedback we receive the better. 

Thanks again for sharing here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @supafly 

Thanks for reaching out to provide some feedback on the permissions that are available to staff accounts. I appreciate your frustration when working on a client's store, and being unable to access some areas of the admin. Thanks for sharing the specific example. 

One thing to note is that adding apps, and approving billing charges has been added to the permissions page, which you may not have known! Below is a screenshot of some items you might not have seen available: 

21-53-1738-78963

There is a detailed list regarding all staff permissions available outlined in our help document here. 

As for the rest of the store owner permissions, they are setup this way for the security and safety of our merchants. These are highly sensitive ares that include billing details, capital information, and pricing plans. That being said, I do understand your frustration, and have provided some feedback to our developers on your behalf. While we can't guarantee any changes, the more feedback we receive the better. 

Thanks again for sharing here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

supafly
Excursionist
19 0 8

Thank you for the response, Hilary. This is a helpful start - particularly the ability to approve app charges!