Solved

Anyone Know How To Edit Sizes In Orders?

Hellwood_Outfit
Excursionist
40 0 11

Does anyone know how to change an order size? Customer ordered the wrong size and I want to change it for him but can't find anyway to do it. The Help Center page states that it can be done but then doesn't actually bother explaining how.

Interestingly, having had a trawl of the forums it seems that shop owners have been asking this very same question since 2015 with no suitable response thus far.

Any help much appreciated.

https://hellwoodoutfitters.com
Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

This is an accepted solution.

Greetings, @Hellwood_Outfit.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking to edit an order and change the size for an item. In order to swap sizes, you need to add the new item and remove the original item. From there, you can choose to restock the item and add a reason for editing the order. 

That being said, it's important to note that orders containing local pickup or local delivery cannot be edited at the moment. If you're trying to edit an order with local pickup/delivery, then you'll need to cancel the original order and have the customer place their order again. 

Just to confirm, does the order contain local pickup or local delivery?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

This is an accepted solution.

Greetings, @Hellwood_Outfit.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're looking to edit an order and change the size for an item. In order to swap sizes, you need to add the new item and remove the original item. From there, you can choose to restock the item and add a reason for editing the order. 

That being said, it's important to note that orders containing local pickup or local delivery cannot be edited at the moment. If you're trying to edit an order with local pickup/delivery, then you'll need to cancel the original order and have the customer place their order again. 

Just to confirm, does the order contain local pickup or local delivery?

Yvy616
Excursionist
28 0 37

Hi why can't we just change the size of the original item, instead of removing/re-adding? I have the issue that when I re add in the new size, I cannot add again the options that the custoemr chose with the order (created through an app, due to shopify limitations). So if they added engraving, personalization, or other items, they are no longer there when i add the new item in the new size.  And if the size selection was also part of the optoins app, then there is NO opiton to change. Catch22, need an app to add more options, then can't edit the options because it was used by an app.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hi, @Yvy616.

Thank you for joining the thread and posting this question!

I understand that you're looking to change the size of the original item in an order, as opposed to removing and re-adding a different size variant, due to the need to preserve the personalizations/line item properties created through a third-party app. While I can't say why the system was designed this way, I can confirm that this is a known limitation at this time. Nevertheless, I know how important this is to you and I'd be happy to submit a feature request on your behalf to our development team. If Shopify moves forward with any changes to how exchanges are made, then we'll be sure to announce them on our changelog

I'd love to hear more about your business! What kinds of products do you sell? Do you edit orders often? Did you get a chance to try a third-party exchange app?

yishh
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey - was this feature ever added?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2752 274 477

Hey, @yishh.

Thanks for joining the thread!

It's important to note that the merchant from the original post needed more than simply editing their orders, as the products contained personalizations that their customers wanted. If you only want to exchange an item or size, then you can already do that by editing the order. Let me know if this is what you're looking for!

That being said, I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community! I'd love to hear more about your business and share some resources to help you get started. What kinds of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?