Anyone know how to get support to actually fix a problem?

Mobilekathy
Tourist
19 0 1

I'm going on five hours with no resolution.

Replies 10 (10)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

I've included steps on reaching our support team below -

1. Head to this link and click on Contact Support.
  2. You will need to login and select the store in question (if you have more than one store). 

3. On the Contact Support page, you'll need to search for the topic you're needing help with - this will load a range of help guides and resources to help you. 

4. If none of the resources provided are helpful to you, scroll down the page to the bottom and click on Continue. 

5. You can then click on any of the contact options and you'll soon be connected with a Support Advisor. 

Let me know if you have any issues reaching our support team!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mobilekathy
Tourist
19 0 1
I didn't ask how to get in contact with support.

I ask how to get support to ACTUALLY FIX a problem.
JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @Mobilekathy 

Can you share what your issue is here so that the community can have a look and provide assistance if possible?

Thanks!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Thank you for providing clarification. As @JHKCreate has stated above, are you able to explain the issue you're encountering so we can take a look into this?

Please note there are a couple of ways to receive support, so you can receive support through both our community forums here (although we cannot access any internal information on your store as you would need to go through the authentication process) or through our live support team which I have provided steps to above.

Mobilekathy
Tourist
19 0 1

I didn't ask how to contact support. My question was how to get support to actually fix an issue that you're having. We have not had staff order notifications for a while - and the support people don't have a clue about how Shopify works and they are "apparently" communicating with some random person in tech support but whatever they tell them is usually not right because they don't know how Shopify - or a  or a website in general - works.

So when we say to them: "We are not getting staff notifications from our Shopify site to our email inbox" - they communicate that to the tech people as "they say their customers aren't getting their order notifications." 

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. 

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @Mobilekathy 

Have you confirmed all the e-mails that should receive said information are available at the bottom of the "Settings" -> "Notifications" page? This would be step 1. Let us know so we can continue checking with you!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
Mobilekathy
Tourist
19 0 1

We already did that. 

Dozens of times.

It. does. not. work.

Hence the need for tech support.

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

I appreciate the information you have provided regarding the actual situation at hand. I want to ensure I have comprehended the issue as accurate as possible, so can you confirm that this is the issue below -

Order notifications are not being sent via email through to your staff inboxes.

Please correct me if I am wrong in understanding your issue.

You have confirmed above that you have already checked the Notification settings.

Are you also able to confirm that your email address is verified if you go through to Settings > Store Details > Sender Email > Manage > Authenticate please?

It would also help if you could advise me of the troubleshooting steps you have already completed so we can look more into this.

Mobilekathy
Tourist
19 0 1
This indicative of the problem.

I tell support what the problem is and they keep telling me to do everything I have already done and what has not worked.

I have already said we have done all of that. REPEATEDLY.

So continuing to ask me to do what I have already done and what has not worked is not answering my question about how to get tech support to fix the actual problem.
Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

We understand your frustration here @ and I am doing my best to understand the context, previous steps and actual issue at hand. My previous post has outlined steps that were not mentioned in any other place within this thread hence the reason for asking so we are aware that you've already tried this.

It's important for me to know what troubleshooting steps you have previously tried so I do not need to repeat those steps to you again. If you would like support from our technical team, this can only be provided through our Shopify Support Team on live chat/callbacks.

We want to help your current situation and move a step closer to a possible solution. Are you able to provide a ticket number of the last conversation you had with an advisor?