Solved

Apple Pay without Accelerated Checkout

FlowersGC
Excursionist
31 1 8

Hi

I would like to utilise Android/Apple Pay but without the accelerated checkout option. 

Currently our website sells products that are bought for another person, so often requires a different delivery address to the default (and seperate from billing address).

Is this functionality possible? Unfortunately prompting customers to check their details is not sufficient enough.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@FlowersGC 

Apple Pay and Google Pay are both accelerated checkout options that require the user to use the information they've provided at the time of signing up. It is not possible to use these services without using the accelerated feature. If your customers are purchasing gifts for another user where the product needs to be shipped to a different address then they will need to manually enter that user's information during the checkout process. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@FlowersGC 

Apple Pay and Google Pay are both accelerated checkout options that require the user to use the information they've provided at the time of signing up. It is not possible to use these services without using the accelerated feature. If your customers are purchasing gifts for another user where the product needs to be shipped to a different address then they will need to manually enter that user's information during the checkout process. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SubStudio
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

Hi. Just picking up on this as it's an issue that I am wrestling with at the moment. We are a Flower shop, and I guess perhaps that @FlowersGC may also be in that line of business. So I was wondering if there has since been any update on the situation and if there may now be a solution that doesn't just involve switching off all the accelerated checkout options?

FlowersGC
Excursionist
31 1 8

Hey there @SubStudio , sadly our chats to support and Shopify have gone widely unheard/ignored. Frankly upsetting and very disappointing when I see other websites manage to support apple google and PayPal without the need for accelerated checkout. 

Giving us the option would be easy, and frankly wouldn’t stop their bottom line (of which they get plenty from us)