Solved

Apps, Checkout and Shopify Plans

Jen2021_SS
Excursionist
20 1 4

Hi,

1. Currently I'm with the "Shopify Plan" 79 USD/month

2. I have installed some apps to control for example max items per product, the app will limit the max item on the "Cart View".
If I add 2 items of one product, the "Cart View" has no problem, but when going to "Checkout View" will show 1 instead of 2

3. Another example when I try to install others apps for upsell, only can add 1 product of them, if I try to control and add 3 or 4  they can control only until the "Cart View"
When checkout only will appears always 1 of each product

4. May I know if this incident of checkout problem is because the type of shopify plan? If Choose the "Advanced Shopify Plan", those apps installed will be able to control the "Checkout View"
correctly? . May I ask if installed the "Advanced Shopify Plan" will I have the checkout.liquid file?

Regards,

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (2)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Jen2021_SS!

What are the apps that you're using for the functionalities that you mentioned? Are they third-party apps found on our Shopify App Store? For third-party apps, because they've been made by third-party developers outside of Shopify, we can't confirm the specific app's functionality and how they will perform on your store's cart vs checkout page. So if you have any questions about them I would recommend getting in touch with the app developers, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries and how the app integrates directly to Shopify. In saying this, when it comes to editing your store's checkout page, even with the use of a third-party app there are limitations on what you can and can't do. You can take a look at our Help Centre document here for a list of things you can customize on a Shopify's checkout page.

For more context, editing or adjusting the checkout page on Shopify isn't made accessible for security purposes. There is however an exception for stores that are on the Shopify Plus plan, though even then there are only limited changes that stores on Shopify Plus can make. This is because the checkout of a store is a secured page, and preventing stores from editing it helps to ensure that the information for both stores and their customers remains safe at all times.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@Jen2021_SS

No worries at all, happy to help!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Jen2021_SS!

What are the apps that you're using for the functionalities that you mentioned? Are they third-party apps found on our Shopify App Store? For third-party apps, because they've been made by third-party developers outside of Shopify, we can't confirm the specific app's functionality and how they will perform on your store's cart vs checkout page. So if you have any questions about them I would recommend getting in touch with the app developers, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries and how the app integrates directly to Shopify. In saying this, when it comes to editing your store's checkout page, even with the use of a third-party app there are limitations on what you can and can't do. You can take a look at our Help Centre document here for a list of things you can customize on a Shopify's checkout page.

For more context, editing or adjusting the checkout page on Shopify isn't made accessible for security purposes. There is however an exception for stores that are on the Shopify Plus plan, though even then there are only limited changes that stores on Shopify Plus can make. This is because the checkout of a store is a secured page, and preventing stores from editing it helps to ensure that the information for both stores and their customers remains safe at all times.

Jen2021_SS
Excursionist
20 1 4

Thank you so much for your information Kimi ~

Regards

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@Jen2021_SS

No worries at all, happy to help!