Are there any luck to get Tag "is not equal to" option?

kibriahasan
Visitor
1 0 9

It has been asking for last 8 years to get multiple option for Tag filter. Still there are no steps taken. Can we expect any step from Shopify?

sp.png

Replies 14 (14)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @kibriahasan 

Thanks for reaching out. Just to confirm, do you want to be able to set a condition using a 'Product Tag is not equal to' parameter?

We are aware that this is a current limitation in our system. And I'd be happy to pass your feedback along for potential future implementation. With that said, if you do not currently utilize the 'product type' or 'product vendor' fields for your products, we could actually use that field in the meantime to accomplish what you are looking for. Since those two fields allow for the 'does not equal to' parameter. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

etienne21
Explorer
51 2 28

Hello,

I also would like to see that option for Not Equal To.

Ed44
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I have a Summer Sale, I created a collection of brands, 'product tag is equal to'. Unfortunately as I also have an Outlet section is puts every product into the Summer Sale - the 'product type' or 'product vendor' fields do nothing to help this situation. Also as automatic discounts do not show until the checkout I had to purchase an app. Is there any way to exclude Outlet items with the same brand? I spent a long time adding an outlet tag and removed 'Compare-at-Price is not empty' condition to keep the Summer Sale items out of the Outlet.

CozyMama
Tourist
6 0 8

@Dirk Can you help us understand the limitation here? This is a MUCH NEEDED request. Furthermore, Shopify has the functionality implemented on other selectors as you called out. What is holding Shopify back from implementing that same functionality onto the Product Tag Selector?

This is HORRIBLY done. And furthermore, when I asked support about it, they said "pay more money to get this." I'll pay more money if Shopify lowers my price, but for functionality that is already in Shopify, I'm having to pay more money for it? This sounds like a runaround and bad business practice. 

I dont need anything else. I know there are Apps that give "advanced collections" and they will auto create collections for you, etc etc etc. I dont need any of that. I just need Shopify to add the functionality they have for other selectors to the Product Tag selector. 

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @CozyMama 

I appreciate your constructive feedback. I totally understand why this would be a benefit to your needs. At this time, we do not have an update regarding additional parameters to the product tag conditions. 

Our developers will always keep the communities suggestions in mind when it comes to allocating their resources to making changes to the platform. What I can do is submit an additional feature request on your behalf to our development team to keep this signal going. 

For the time being, the 'product type' and 'product vendor' fields do support the 'not equal to' condition that can be used for this sort of filtering if you do not already use those fields for product info.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CozyMama
Tourist
6 0 8

@Dirk Thanks for the reply. I understand that you're just the messenger. Please submit the additional feature request. 

Sadly, I'm using those fields already for their intended use case so I can't do an exclusion based off of them. Hopefully another workaround or actual implementation can be included soon. 

If your Dev team can respond: I see this as a low lift effort. Already have the functionality in place, just need to add it to another field. Can your team respond to how much lift they see here? The original poster submitted this almost two years ago and in their post, they say "Ive been looking for this for 8 years". So its something that has been neglected for 10 years. Im pretty surprised that in 10 years, this (self perceived) low lift implementation hasn't been put in place. Any feedback on your Devs on if this isnt low lift or what else can be done to drive this urgency and importance would be helpful for the community to understand. 

juan3211
Shopify Partner
121 0 32

I agree. We need "not equalt to" in tags.

badkarbon
Tourist
6 0 3

From what I've noticed at using Shopify for the past year, this is their MO. They leave out many functions that you would consider "basic" (like just discounting a line of products on the product prices themselves instead of having customers have to add to cart to get it cheaper), and leaving it up to 3rd party developers to "add".
I suspect this is done for a few reasons: Keeps their hosting prices cheaper; Saves on development; Keeps devs happy and making more apps; They still get a cut of 3rd party app subscription $.

AHAY
Excursionist
18 1 4

I do not think they have any reason not to implement such a very basic feature than just forcing you to pay for 3rd party app so Shopify can make more money. I don't see how this simple feature can cost them any extra on their hosting prices. It's a shameful practice and this is really making me very concerned and not sure if I should stay with Shopify or find a more honest and decent alternative.

ChrisSTMT
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I also need to use that option "Not Equal To" to create a collection based on product tag.

badkarbon
Tourist
6 0 3

You can try to use "type" instead, but it's not perfect. For instance, I used it to mark things "onsale", so that I could exclude those items from additional coupons. However, when I tried to reverse the process, importing a file with the products with no "type", it did nothing. All the products were still "onsale". I had to resort to using a third party database program to change them all (Matrixify). It's so disappointing using Shopify.

AHAY
Excursionist
18 1 4

It's quite obvious after all those years and the demands for this very simple feature that the ONLY reason is Shopify greed and nothing else (forcing us to buy 3rd party apps so Shopify makes more money). This is very concerning to someone like me who's just starting and do not like to buy an app for BASIC features. The 'Product type' option has its limitations in many scenarios some of which have been mentioned by others here.

badkarbon
Tourist
6 0 3

Right now my latest pet peeve with Shopify is customers can't download their invoices/receipts by themselves, to submit for insurance claims. We have to generate a PDF for them and then email it to them... or, of course, we can subscribe to a third-party app 😛

ymockys
Visitor
1 0 1

Any updates on this? I have free digital products that I don't want to show up under every category. I want to be able to say tag not equal to Free. I don't see that option.