Ashburn visits

Solved
Tigbuls
Tourist
6 0 2
I have been getting a lot of Ashburn location visits.  Usually it is only under 20 daily visits.

Out of 98 visits 83 are all same location today.   
Several pages of store pages, returns etc.  Is there something wrong?

I have heard this is Shopify checking but I don't understand why this many.

Accepted Solution (1)
brandonsady
Shopify Partner
1 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Tigbuls,

It's possible traffic from Ashburn, VA are coming from Amazon AWS servers. In that case you'd want to set up filters to block that data from showing.

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)
LeanidasEcom
Shopify Partner
90 7 18

Install the Lucky Orange Heatmaps app for your store and watch this user in real-time. See what it does on your site. Maybe your site just copies another dropshipper seller😁

Shopify Agency - STEP-MEDIA™
≈ Shopify SEO promotion | Create Shopify store high conversion ≈
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
shozoid
Explorer
97 4 9

Hello @Tigbuls 

Can you share your website URL so that I can check the SEO for it and provide you the solution ?

Tigbuls
Tourist
6 0 2

tigbulsvarietyfashionshop.com

shozoid
Explorer
97 4 9

Can you check in Google Analytics from where the traffic is coming. Also check your Google Search Console for the keywords you are getting traffic.

Tigbuls
Tourist
6 0 2

I'm currently not getting any hits lately.  I will have to dig deeper into it.

I am not running any ads currently.  I have to see what needs fixing.  Thank You!

JoseHernandez
Visitor
1 0 0

bro you need to step up that website even maybe spend some money on a good theme or buy one from etsy they cost like 15 bucks

Natacha_Rey
Visitor
2 0 0

Me too.  Did you find out why?

Tigbuls
Tourist
6 0 2
No, I have not.
brandonsady
Shopify Partner
1 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Tigbuls,

It's possible traffic from Ashburn, VA are coming from Amazon AWS servers. In that case you'd want to set up filters to block that data from showing.

Natacha_Rey
Visitor
2 0 0
Thanks so much!
shopninenorth
Tourist
6 0 1

How would you do that?

Sandra_Mitchell
Excursionist
14 1 6

Hi Brandonsady

I have had over 1400 today alone! Could you expand on how to do your solution?

Many thanks

Sandra Mitchell

Tigbuls
Tourist
6 0 2
I ended up getting Negate Bot Protection App On Shopify. Now I have less of there traffic, but still get some.
K_S_Place
Visitor
1 0 1

How do you block that data? I've gotten a lot of store visits from Boydton, VA... like more than half of my store visits.  I'm a small business and this is killing my analysis. This is what sent me down this rabbit hole to this post. 

GinnyH2
Visitor
1 0 0

I do too, all day long, all evening long. Boydton Va. Any solutions? Thanks!

waveband
7 0 0

Did anyone come up with a solution that does not cost additional money? 

Tigbuls
Tourist
6 0 2
The reply from Shopify support. My Ashburn visits have slowed down since I contacted Shopify. but I do still have them, more so while advertising paid ads.

This is actually a common issue, and can be explained due to the location of the Amazon's Web Service (AWS) servers. Ashburton, VA is the home to these servers which a lot of web services run off of, which is why you're seeing a spike in traffic come from this location - the bot traffic is running off these servers. There's no one service at fault, it's the entire server. Bot traffic can show up in the Sales over time report, and I know this may not be the answer that you want to hear but it's not possible to remove or stop this traffic from appearing in your Analytics. The best solution for those seeing this type of traffic is to set up filters to remove these sessions so that you just see the traffic that's relevant to your business.
In order to clear up these results you can set up a filter in your Analytics > Reports by clicking Manage filters and set the filter as follows or seing on the attached video here<>:
* Set the filter as City
* Set the condition as is not
* Set the search as Ashburn
* Click Apply filters