FROM CACHE - en_header

Attach a file to an unfulfilled order

JolSvat
3 0 0

Hi,

I have two questions.

• My website is based on customers ordering a consultation, the results would be emailed in PDF format. I need few properties from customer before they order the consultation: name, surname, date. I get them from input fields before they complete the checkout and I see these properties in order section. Now the question, is it possible to attach a script or a written program, for example, in C#, which would generate the file based on these properties, maybe there is an app which does something similar? I want the process to be as much automated as possible.
  • If there is no solution, I still need a way to attach a file to an unfulfilled order that would be available for a customer to be downloaded. I know about an app "Digital Downloads", but it only lets me to attach a file to a specific product and the file would be the same for everyone. Is there a way or an app to send the download link of a file to a customer later after the checkout and this way complete an order?

Thank You.

Reply 1 (1)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4876 410 1050

@JolSvat wrote:

•  ...results would be emailed in PDF format. I need few properties from customer before they order the consultation: name, surname, date. I get them from input fields before they complete the checkout and I see these properties in order section. Now the question, is it possible to attach a script or a written program...maybe there is an app which does something similar? I want the process to be as much automated as possible.

Usemechanic is a scriptable automation app that can generate and email pdfs

https://tasks.mechanic.dev/demonstration-generate-a-file-and-upload-to-shopify

https://tasks.mechanic.dev/send-a-pdf-invoice-when-an-order-is-created 

It's also able to edit order/draft-orders but I not sure about attaching a file to the order itself like as if a customer attached a file to an order so it's viewable/linked in the order admin.

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com