Automatically Pull up Book Details with ISBN

BetterBooks
Visitor
1 0 1

Does anyone know how to automate the process of pulling up book details (Image, author, title, format etc) with the ISBN for the product details?  Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Replies 28 (28)

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
284 42 89

Hi,

You can available apis for example this one => https://isbndb.com/apidocs/v2

There are more apis to get books details using ISBN.

Basically, you can have a custom app built for your shop, that app will have a process that will go through all your products with ISBN and get the information about the book using a third api.

PM me if you need help.

Thanks.

banned
Dukeofwallst
Visitor
2 0 0

Have to say I loved the Sound of ISBNdb but never heard of API before. Do you know how this appears when you add a book. Do I just add the ISBN and it does a search for me just like Ebay does when we sell books or is it different?

I ask as I have shipment of 90,000 second hand books and was looking for easy way for me to upload each book without haven't to copy paste and type a lot of description and other details.

Do you know a programmer that can do the API from ISBNDB?

Sorry lots of questions I'm just can't find a simple way its explained. 

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
284 42 89

Hi,

I think can help you on this. PM me.

Thanks.

banned
eprcreations
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jayvin - I'm interested in pursuing this option of connecting an ISBN database to Shopify to pull all book details upon scanning in inventory. Could we discuss further offline?

Thanks - Erik

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
284 42 89

Hi @eprcreations ,

Join me on skype via this link 

banned
daryl77
5 0 0

Hi Jayvin, I'm also looking to add this function to my store. What's the best way to get in touch?

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
284 42 89

Hi daryl77,

Skype link 

banned
daryl77
5 0 0

Ok, great. Thanks...I'm there.

EKW
Visitor
1 0 0

Jayvin, 

I guess I'm interested too.  I could Skype if you are available. 

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
284 42 89

Hi @EKW 

Yes we can get in touch on skype.

banned
Handwork
4 0 0

Can you get in touch with me as well? I’ve had a brick and mortar bookstore for 15 years and sell online but am looking to now use Shopify. Thanks 

JEDD
Visitor
2 0 0

Do you have any guidance for say CDs and DVDs?

PAJ77
Visitor
2 0 0

@Jayvin It would be good to discuss potential solutions and if you already have a working API for ISBN data into Shopify, when would be good to connect?

Evelyn94
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Jayvin,

I am looking for to integrate with isbndb for our bookstore. Can we discuss further please?

jpbertram
Explorer
40 0 80

Hi @BetterBooks!

You can use Parabola to combine book details with ISBN's with the API that @Jayvin had recommended. Let me know if you need help getting started!

JP

PAJ77
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you get a resolution to this? It would be great to have!

Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hi! 

We're releasing a Shopify app “ISBN to Book Product” that allows booksellers to create book products just from ISBNs. Here is the link to the demo: https://youtu.be/1uR80RnViiM. If you're interested in our app, write me an email: chrisciolac@gmail.com

Thank you, Cristina.

ISBNExpress: Books Importer - import books by ISBN into your bookstore.
Evelyn94
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, i am interested in your app! Can we have a further discussion please? Thanks

Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hi @Evelyn94 ! Please write me an email: chrisciolac@gmail.com and we can discuss further. Thank you!

Evelyn94
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi, I have emailed you! Please check the email box! Thanks
Jaysbooks1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Cristina_92! Is this still in development? I’d love to hear more.

Thanks!

Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hi @Jaysbooks1 ! Please email me at chrisciolac@gmail.com and we can discuss this further. Thank you!

abookbundle
Visitor
2 0 2

HI Cristina

I've been following this discussion.  Is there any further news on development and release date? We are very interested!
Thank you!

Eloise

Handwork
4 0 0
Follow Booksellerapps.com - we will be launching to the public soon! ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hi @abookbundle !

Thank you for your message.

Our app has been approved by Shopify and we are finalizing some details this week. The app will be available next week - I'll leave a link in this discussion.

In addition to bulk, we also have a book barcode scanner option. Please have a look at the demo: https://youtube.com/shorts/jNOAbXzV40s

Thank you,

Cristina.

abookbundle
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi Christina ! 

Any way to incorporate your app with an "Author Series" dropdown menu in Shopify? Etsy has great dropdown menu variations. Your next project? 

Looking forward to your app “ISBN to Book Product”

Thank you!

Eloise

Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hi Eloise!

Thank your for your reply.

Can you please email me at chrisciolac@gmail.com and we can discuss this further. 

Thank you,

Cristina.

Cristina_92
Shopify Partner
41 0 15

Hello Booksellers!

I am happy to announce that our application 'ISBNExpress: Book Importer' is available on Shopify App store: https://apps.shopify.com/isbn-express-book-importer

With just the ISBN, our app automatically imports all the book information you need as a bookseller. Create products with the book's title, description, cover image, author, pages, binding, publication date, dimensions, weight, and language. You can import up to 20 books at once.

By installing our application, you will be able to create 50 book products for free.  Then using one-time payment you can buy packages of books (no monthly subscription or long term commitment).

We would love to hear your experiences and suggestions at chrisciolac@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Cristina

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 15.33.19.png