Avalera Question

Solved
Hester1
1 0 0

Hello,

I am new to Shopify. I have an Avalera account and I see there is an area to connect Avalera to your account but it is not letting me and it says to contact support but then gives you no option to do so. Can you only use Avalera if you have the Plus account? If you can use Avalera without the plus account does anyone know how to connect them?

Thank you for your help. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 65 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Hester1.

Welcome to Shopify! I'm so excited to hear that you're starting this journey with us. I'm happy to provide some clarity. 

Currently, if your store is on Shopify Plus and you have an Avalara AvaTax account, then you can activate Avalara AvaTax. This option won't be available unless you're on the Plus plan. However,

you can set up Shopify to automatically handle most common sales tax calculations. You can also set up tax overrides to address unique tax laws and situations: Taxes. Please let me know if you have any questions about setting that up. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business. Is this a new venture for you? What type of products will you be selling? 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
695 65 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Hester1.

Welcome to Shopify! I'm so excited to hear that you're starting this journey with us. I'm happy to provide some clarity. 

Currently, if your store is on Shopify Plus and you have an Avalara AvaTax account, then you can activate Avalara AvaTax. This option won't be available unless you're on the Plus plan. However,

you can set up Shopify to automatically handle most common sales tax calculations. You can also set up tax overrides to address unique tax laws and situations: Taxes. Please let me know if you have any questions about setting that up. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business. Is this a new venture for you? What type of products will you be selling? 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog