Is your domain transfer to Shopify taking too long?

svbarron
Visitor
1 0 0

I cannot figure out how to get a live person on chat to help. My domain transfer has been "awaiting transfer" for sometime now, over a week. All is good on the previous host's end, checked with them already. What should I do next if I cannot get in touch with anyone on Shopify to tell me what is lacking on their site?

Replies 4 (4)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @svbarron!

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Shopify Community! You can chat with a live Support Advisor via the contact page here. However, I’m also more than happy to help you out with your domain issue. 

It sounds like you are awaiting a third party domain transfer to Shopify. Is that correct? We have a Help Doc here that goes over third party domain transfers. It explains that it can take up to 20 days for the transfer to complete, but from your customer’s perspective there should not be any downtime experienced. Additionally, there will be a number of confirmation emails sent while initiating the transfer, so as long as you have responded to those emails, the transfer process will continue.

As the next step, I recommend waiting the full 20 days to allow for the transfer to complete. If it still hasn’t transferred over after that time, please do contact us again (either reply in this thread, or reach out to live support via the link above), and we’ll continue to troubleshoot this for you at that time.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

crj007
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I am also awaiting my domain to be transferred out of shopify to namecheap. On the NameCheap dashboard it says "Awaiting release from previous registrar". It has been over a week now and nothing seems to be happening. Please advise.

Clive Jackson

UN: crj007

Domain: deepbluedogslife.com

My contact email:  clivejackson@hotmail.com

Thank you

Amandadibben
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem. Really quite frustrating the lack of support Shopify has here. Stop sending us the run-around link of your "support", what a joke. 

"a number of confirmation emails sent while initiating the transfer, so as long as you have responded to those emails, the transfer process will continue."

This is the part I am concerned about. I have not received any emails since initiating the transfer, I don't want to be waiting around for the next 20 days just to find out your system should have sent me an email weeks ago. Please be more specific, is the email supposed to have been sent as soon as we initiated the transfer? Or will the email come weeks from now? If the email was supposed to have been sent when we initiated the transfer but was not, what should we do now? Is there a way to cancel and try again?

lisahiggins
Explorer
59 1 16

Did you get this taken care of? I'm in the same boat and I've never had domain transfers take so long! I've used wix and go daddy and it's always a day or two..  just wondering how long it ended up taking for you? Thanks for any insight!