Can I manually adjust order dates on Shopify?

ASeymour
Tourist
5 0 20

We have the need to back date manual orders.  Is there a way / a setting to allow me to enter the date I want to be reflected on the order?

Replies 41 (41)

-Emma-
Shopify Staff
89 10 30

Hello, @ASeymour

Emma here from Shopify.  At this time, you cannot edit orders in Shopify without the use of an app such as Edit Order by Cleverific, which allows you to change customer shipping or billing info, adjust pricing, add or remove SKU's and line items on any customer order. Even with the use of such an app, I'm afraid it doesn't look like you can change the date of an order. You could try reaching out to the app developers to enquire about whether or not this could be achieved with their app. Let us know what you find out! 

In the meantime, I'd be happy to pass along a feature request for you. Our developers are always open to suggestions and we truly value your feedback. If you wouldn't mind sharing how this feature would improve your business, and why it's important to you, I would love to share that information with our team. 

All the best,

Emma | Shopify Support 

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ASeymour
Tourist
5 0 20
Thank you! It’s mainly for a manual order, not when the customer places an order.
danielpretorius
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Hey ASeymour,

If you are still looking for a solution to this take a look at how our app, AirPower, enables you to create/update draft orders from Airtable. You can see the sample Airtable base to do this here, and we have a help article on how to set this up - How to create and edit Shopify draft orders from Airtable . You can easily update the date of a manual order in your Airtable, and our app will reflect that in Shopify.

pawlished
Tourist
5 0 8

This is so unnecessarily convoluted to the layman to just change the date on an order. This problem literally has me in tears. 8 hours Ive been working on this problem with no solution.

Melane
Shopify Partner
2 0 16

Please pass along the need to be able to back date orders for me, as well. I have a need on occasion to go back and track an order at an earlier date.

FANCIES
Visitor
2 0 13

@-Emma- can you please raise a feature request for the ability to add backdated orders? This is for manual orders on Shopify POS that were missed by staff (as a use case). Not having this feature makes it very difficult for us to reconcile. Many thanks!

maevetk
Tourist
6 0 19

I would like to be kept up to date regarding the ability to back-date orders. I am using Shopify to create many manual orders, in addition to having customers place orders through my online store, and often the manual orders need to be backdated. please keep me in the loop! 

truthbw
Tourist
3 0 6

For testing purposes, being able to back date orders would be swell.

UmbrellaStudio
Visitor
1 0 4

We would also like to request the ability to backdate orders. We need to when staff capture a manual order to reconcile.  

OakCityHardwood
Visitor
1 0 2

Is there any movement on this ability?

Blessing_Box
Visitor
2 0 7

Has there been any progress made on adding this feature to manual orders?

We would like to manually enter old orders from various platforms for record keeping purposes.  As a new user to Shopify, this seems like a very basic feature.  It is disappointing that something as simple as choosing a date is still not available.

RyanMalone
Tourist
8 1 8

Another vote for future updates. I doubt it's a big change. It is only really important for manual orders. When sales are made off Shopify but you want to keep things together it's vital. 

In our case we enter manual (in-store) sales, cash etc. through Shopify. It then syncs to Quickbooks. But as the order date is set as current date if we take an order on the Friday and don't enter it till the Monday then the dates are all thrown off. 

crownedbeautyco
Visitor
1 0 3

This is still a need in July 2023. Would be great if this was a native feature. Adding apps can be cumbersome and costly.

emily211
Tourist
6 0 12

Hi Emma, Any updates on this feature? 

tanmaykejriwal
Shopify Partner
59 1 5

Hey you can use this https://apps.shopify.com/editify

TK
wildheartranch
Tourist
3 0 5
That app looks like it will address my need. However I don’t want to pay a monthly fee for what should be a basic feature on Shopify.
AlbertoIGaucin
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Email contact@shopvana.io and they will let you use the app for free

Jewelmak
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello Seymour,

i am facing the same issue you had. Were you able to find a way to backdate orders? I would appreciate if you can let me know.

ASeymour
Tourist
5 0 20
There is no resolution that I know of

emily211
Tourist
6 0 12

Seconding this request to be able to back-date manual orders. Our Shopify system was down for half of last week and now need to add all the missed orders that went through. Having this basic feature would make things much easier. 

aparu3
Visitor
1 0 4

Hi, please can we be updated or have feedback on this backdating feature. We urgently need to backdate some draft orders.

pawlished
Tourist
5 0 8

I am also desperate to backdate orders. Why is shopify ignoring this issues for years!?

Listen to what your clients need.

Tina-Lobo
Visitor
1 0 2

I have the need to backdate orders mainly missed sales for accounting purposes and to reconcile accurately. On speaking to a customer service rep, they informed me that they do not have enough interest for the developer to add in this feature and the more feedback they receive, the more likely they will look into it 😕 not so promising! Shopify, please look in to this ASAP as it is a basic feature that will make our recording process much more accurate! 

Blessing_Box
Visitor
2 0 7
Wow!
Adding a *BASIC* date feature for accurate accounting in not worth their
time? Really?
How absolutely disappointing and unprofessional!
AlbertoIGaucin
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Hi Blessing_Box,

I understand that you're looking for a solution to backdate orders. I'd like to introduce you to Editify, an app that can help you with exactly that.

With Editify, you can easily backdate orders and make necessary adjustments to the order date. This will allow you to keep your order history organized and accurate, no matter when the orders were actually placed.

You can find more information and install Editify here: https://apps.shopify.com/editify .Give it a try and let us know if it helps solve your problem.

Best regards,

Alberto Gaucin / Editify

AlbertoIGaucin
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Hi Tina_Lobo,

I understand that you're looking for a solution to backdate orders. I'd like to introduce you to Editify, an app that can help you with exactly that.

With Editify, you can easily backdate orders and make necessary adjustments to the order date. This will allow you to keep your order history organized and accurate, no matter when the orders were actually placed.

You can find more information and install Editify here: https://apps.shopify.com/editify .Give it a try and let us know if it helps solve your problem.

Best regards,

Alberto Gaucin / Editify

luckybean
Visitor
1 0 2

In need of this feature also

wittwendy
Tourist
8 0 2

is the ANYBODY in Shopify that can make this CUSTOM ORDER DATE possible???  THIS FEATURE IS A MUST! MOST OF US ARE ENTERING MANUAL ORDERS THAT WERE NOT DONE ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY. This is NOT FAIR if we are paying and don't have this basic feature. SHOPIFY PLEASE SEE ALL THESE COMMENTS THAT THIS FEATURE IS NEEDED ASAP!

AlbertoIGaucin
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Hi Luckybean,

You can find more information and install Editify here: https://apps.shopify.com/editify .Give it a try and let us know if it helps solve your problem.

Best regards,

Alberto Gaucin / Editify

wittwendy
Tourist
8 0 2

Please make custom order dates possible!!!  I have to enter sales that I did in a craft show 3 weeks ago and don't want the current date on my invoices as the date purchased. Does anyone know of a way to add a custom ORDER date in shopify Craft theme?

AlbertoIGaucin
Shopify Partner
6 0 5

Hi Wittwendy,

You can find more information see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=sYZrf4z2tyk

Install Editify here:

https://apps.shopify.com/editify 

Give it a try and let us know if it helps solve your problem.

Best regards,

Alberto Gaucin / Editify

Alyssa_Tilston
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

We need this feature as well. Also, it would be nice with the draft orders that when you close them manually (credit card/cheque/etransfer not through the system) that there was the option NOT to send a confirmation to the client. This is usually confusing for them as it is typically after the fact that they have already gotten their product.

Dean_P
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, it's possible to import orders with old dates using the Matrixify app (of which I'm not affiliated in any way).

I remember when I set up our shopify store, I needed to import 170k+ past orders (just so customers had historical data), and this was done by way of a CSV file. Combersome to do manual orders day by day, but we have a scenario here where we closed for the Christmas break, started back on the 3rd Jan, but need the orders posted for 2022 (last financial year).... I recommend doing test first, so you have all the required fields set correctly... I accidentally forgot to turn off customer notification (a field in the csv) and some customers got email notification, even though the order was a few years old.

tanmaykejriwal
Shopify Partner
59 1 5

This is the solution to your problem . Its free too ! https://apps.shopify.com/editify

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 4.18.45 PM.png

TK
chippa2funky
Tourist
8 0 7

Thanks!!! Giving this a shot today!

ua_smk
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

It's not free now

wildheartranch
Tourist
3 0 5

Any update on this? I'd love to simply input the back date of a transaction when creating a draft order, without the use of a 3rd party app. Kind of ridiculous. 

BarStuff
Visitor
2 0 0

End of 2023 and we are still waiting I see

tanmaykejriwal
Shopify Partner
59 1 5

You can use this https://apps.shopify.com/editify

TK
REBEX
Visitor
2 0 0

Why would we pay 4.99 a month for something that should be free through shopify?

REBEX
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello all I to needed this and found apps.shopify.com/retroorder?st_source=autocomplete  it is free and it worked like a charm.  retroorder in shopify apps