Re: Basic and Starter plans no longer support the addition of carrier-calculated shipping (CCS)

Basic and Starter plans no longer support the addition of carrier-calculated shipping (CCS)

matrixmedical
Tourist
8 0 3

Was trying to configure calculated shipping for my store only to find that Basic and Starter plans no longer support the addition of carrier-calculated shipping (CCS) as a monthly add-on or inclusion in annual plans.

Cannot spend $3588/year but at the same time ship a lot of different sized packages worldwide so need calculated shipping. Had a WordPress site before and was paying $20/months for CCS so this is very frustrating as I would sooner go back to my WordPress site vs. paying this large amount for CCS. Any solutions out there other than raise prices and offer free shipping or flat rate shipping as that will not work.

Replies 4 (4)

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
402 25 68

Hi,

You can get CCS enabled on Shopify's "Shopify" plan ($79/month). You do not need to upgrade to the Advanced plan. 

Our app ShipMagic is working with many clients on the "Shopify" plan to show Fedex and USPS rates on their stores.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
matrixmedical
Tourist
8 0 3

You are the 3rd person to say this same thing so I am going to guess that at one time the $79 Shopify Plan allowed 3rd-party calculated rates, but if you look now, that option is only available with Advanced/$299 am month or Plus $2300/month and is not available with the Shopify plan. It is a total joke as my WordPress site cost $20 a month for CCS and it looks like Wix and other offer the same so Shopify is an outlier in the industry as they are the only one requiring a $299 upgrade just to get CCS...total failure and I will probably have to dump my new Shopify site....I wish I had known this before having my site built as I never would have even considered it had I know that a simple CCS plugin would go from $20/month to $299/month.

https://www.shopify.com/pricing

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
402 25 68

 I am adding clients everyday for my app who are on "Shopify" plan even today. Check the screenshot below from Shopify's official documentation here

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 8.33.55 PM.png

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
matrixmedical
Tourist
8 0 3

While that is better than $299/month, I am currently paying $29/month for the Basic plan so if I switch to Shopify Plan, I will be paying an additional $50/month so I am paying an extra $600 a year just to have CCS. I have no other need to upgrade from Basic, so it is a bit hard to justify paying $600 a year just for CCS when I was paying half that on my WordPress site. So in this instance, Shopify is charging more than 2x WordPress, Wix etc. so they are not competitive with other ecommerce platforms which is ironic as Shopify is geared towards people who want a more basic ecommerce site so in my opinion it should be integrated in its plan or at least on par with its competitors. It is also a joke that with the basic plan, I can get calculated rates but based only on weight and not dimensions as well, as if package size does not matter when it comes to calculating shipping rates!