Can Shopify selectively display products based on customer's delivery preference?

AGW_Boston
6 0 0

Hi, We operate a residential kitchen business. Most costumers order products for pick-up at desired date/time that allow for production. We usually block days of the week and longer vacation periods. We also ship SOME of our products. What I'm looking for advice on:

1. Showing products based on customer selection of logistics:
    1. If costumer selects pick up, the full range should appear
    2. Else if costumer selects ship to, only selected products are available for purchase
  2. Showing a range of dates to ship/pick-up at the check-out
    1. Showing available dates to ship
    2. Showing available dates to pick-up

I'm currently using template Express. I've checked the Order Delivery Date App - https://apps.shopify.com/order-delivery-date-by-identixweb - but it wouldn't solve point 1 above - selectively displaying products.

Any suggestions of how this could be made?

Thanks!

Replies 9 (9)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @AGW_Boston!

A third-party app that came to mind that may help with this is the Store Pickup + Delivery App here, by Zapiet. This app offers stores the ability to set product availability in accordance to your store's locations. So for example, you can add two different locations within the Zapiet app, one called In-Store and the other one called Delivery. For the In-Store location, you can set it up so that customers are able to purchase all products within your range. For the Delivery location, you can restrict certain products from being able to be purchased. The app also allows customers to select a date and time for pick up or delivery, and you'll also have the option to block out any dates in the calendar for vacation periods.

The app has a free 14-day trial available for you to install onto your store and test out its functionalities. So if it sounds like something that would work well for your store's needs, I recommend making use of the app's trial period. Just a note however that apps such as this one are made by third-party developers outside of Shopify. So if you have any questions about them I would recommend getting in touch with the app developers, as they are best equipped to answer app-specific queries.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BogiZapiet
Shopify Partner
8 1 1

Hi @AGW_Boston and @Kimi,

Bogi here from the support team at Zapiet!

Thanks Kimi for suggesting our app Store Pickup + Delivery.

Our app can certainly help with showing a range of dates to ship/pick-up at the checkout. You can control which dates are or aren't available for each method, in our app's settings.

At the moment our app is not designed to show products based on a customer's initial selection of pickup or shipping. Our app will show the customer their available checkout methods based on the products they add to the shopping cart.

If you have any further questions about how to use our app, feel free to reach out to us on support@zapiet.com!

Bogi

Bogi Szabo | Assistant Support Manager - Zapiet Ltd
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@BogiZapiet

No problem at all, thanks for your further input and clarification on the app's functionalities!

AGW_Boston
6 0 0

Thanks @BogiZapiet !

@Kimi : Perhaps this particular case required some customization of business rules? Is this within a front end developer or would it require other type of development?

Thanks,

Andre

AGW_Boston
6 0 0

I'm giving a @BogiZapiet 's Store Pickup + Delivery a try. It's going but I didn't get the results I needed yet. Contacting support to see what's going on...

BogiZapiet
Shopify Partner
8 1 1

Hi @AGW_Boston,

It looks like our support team have got your message! We'll be in touch shortly to assist you 🙂

Bogi

Bogi Szabo | Assistant Support Manager - Zapiet Ltd
Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@AGW_Boston

For more context, at this stage there isn’t yet any features within the Shopify admin that can natively show or limit specific products in accordance to a customer's chosen shipping method. Because this requires a custom and rather specific solution, if you’ve been unable to find a third-party app that can help you with this, you can look into hiring one of our Shopify Experts to help you code a tailored solution onto your store's theme.

I definitely see how being able to add this feature is a useful option to have within our admin natively, so I will send this as a feature request to our developers. As we’re constantly looking to improve our platform, perhaps this is something we can incorporate in the future. Please note that although I will be submitting this request, we are unable to track it as this is an internal process that our developer team oversees. However there is currently a public facing changelog here that you can check for new features that has been added to Shopify.

It's great to see you trialling the Zapiet app in the meantime though, I hope you're able to get the results you're looking for with it!

AGW_Boston
6 0 0

Hi @Kimi thanks! The @BogiZapiet team was very helpful and the store is online and selling. We haven't figured out the visibility of products by shipping method so the pick-up only products are not available online. Let's see how this ticket develops.

Thanks,

Andre

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

@AGW_Boston

Good to hear that your store has started selling! I've since also found a couple of apps that you can also look into. This one here allows you to add a zip code checker on each product page, so customers can enter their zip code to see if you'll be able to send the product to them according to the zip code the customer has inputed. This one also offers a similar functionality, though it gives you the added option to grey out the add to cart button until a customer has entered a zip code that matches your store's delivery configurations. Worth taking a look at to see if it's something that may work with your store! But as always, if you have any questions do reach out to the third-party support team for further guidance.