best free or paid theme for selling custom retail baby clothing.

csoveroski
Visitor
1 0 0

I will be selling dyed to-order baby/toddler clothes.  I plan on adding the type of clothing  I offer as a separate "item" ( for ex short sleeve onesie).  within each item, can I set it up for customer to choose size and color?    are the free theme more limited in that respect?  do paid themes offer more variants?

Replies 2 (2)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

Thanks for reaching out about this!

It's awesome to hear about the business you're looking to start up! It's never easy starting a business so congratulations on starting!

I understand you're reaching out about the possibility of adding variants to your products. You can definitely set this up by following the steps below -

1. Navigate to Products > All Products and select a product.
  2. Scroll down to the Variants section and tick "This product has multiple options, like different sizes or colors" 

21-45-j0zdo-5yvnb

3. You can rename the option to Size , Color, etc.
  4. Type each variant into the box beside this and remember to separate each variant with a comma. 

21-48-zbll2-hax8r

5. Remember to save!

There is a limit of 100 variants per product on Shopify and this is a limitation that applies regardless if you're using a free or paid theme.

It looks like you're just starting on the Shopify Platform so I would like to recommend taking a look at this helpful Intro to Shopify article to help you out along the way as well as this handy Set-Up Checklist you can refer to as you set up!
You had also mentioned that you're looking to sell clothing for babies and toddlers. A great sales channel that you should definitely look into setting up is the Facebook Channel. There are so many Facebook community groups for first-time mothers and mothers to be so this is the perfect platform to reach out to the ideal demographic you're after. With BFCM and Christmas coming up, you can look to utilize Facebook to increase traffic and sales to your website! We have a guide here to setting up Facebook for your store.

Let me know if you have any further questions. All the best with your store!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ruralinner
Visitor
1 0 0

Summer outfits for toddler girls may be found in a variety of locations online. I have a few suggestions for you. It is Baby Outlet, which has a large selection of toddler girl summer shirts. You can select from this list and hope to discover a shirt you like.