Why is my PayPal payment failing on Shopify?

Homeetoez
Visitor
2 0 1

shopify  payment failed!! As i added paypal service to pay. 

I called paypal and shopify , nothing works!!

help me 

Replies 3 (3)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @Homeetoez!

Would you be able to let me know what happens when you try to add PayPal as a billing method for your Shopify account?

Do you see any error codes or messages on the screen when doing so?

There are a few restrictions on the types of billing methods that are available as laid out here in our billing FAQ.

If your store is based in the USA or India, it would not currently be possible to use PayPal as a billing method.

Let me know as much as you possibly can about the situation, so we can be sure you're pointed in the right direction for more info!

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Homeetoez
Visitor
2 0 1

hey Don ,

My store is based in canada, still payment is geeting an error. please help me find the way as my bill is already ready to pay. 

thanks 

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @Homeetoez!

Thanks for getting back to me here to confirm where your store is based.

Would you be able to let me know anything else about what is happening when trying to add or use PayPal as a billing method?

Have you been able to add PayPal as a billing method okay, and the invoice payment is failing for some reason?

If so, I'd check in with PayPal support to see if they can share any info on the payment failure from your account. 

The more information you can give us here the better we will be able to understand and help out.

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog