Solved

What can substitute a utilities bill for Shopify verification?

KIIER
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I don't have an utilities bill, what can I use instead of that to verify my shop? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KIIER

It sounds like you may have been asked to provide identity verification for your store. Did you receive an email about this? If so, you should reply to the email directly asking about accepted alternatives.

If you have not received an email, please reach out to our Support directly so that they can access your store securely and help you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

SocialAutoPost
Shopify Partner
426 58 104

If you don't have an utilities bill, you may be able to use a different type of bill or statement to verify your Shopify account. Some examples of acceptable documents for verification include:

• A bank statement
  • A credit card statement
  • A phone bill
  • A cable or internet bill
  • A vehicle registration or insurance statement
  • A property tax bill

You can also try contacting Shopify support directly to see if they have any other suggestions for verifying your account. Keep in mind that the verification process is designed to help protect your account and ensure the security of your business, so it's important to provide accurate and up-to-date information when verifying your account.

Was the reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Auto post your Shopify products to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
App: Social Schedular
KIIER
Visitor
2 0 0

Is a photo of a debit or credit card supported too? 

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

It would be best to direct that question to whichever email you received or to reach out directly to our Support team so that they can verify you and then check in with escalated support. 

Ultimately, a photo of a credit or debit card is unlikely to be accepted as ID verification as possession of such a card does not verify your own identity. 

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KIIER

It sounds like you may have been asked to provide identity verification for your store. Did you receive an email about this? If so, you should reply to the email directly asking about accepted alternatives.

If you have not received an email, please reach out to our Support directly so that they can access your store securely and help you.

Re11
Visitor
1 0 0

It is not letting me bill my 1 pound per month it says error 500