FROM CACHE - en_header

Bin locations - Inventory Control

BBCS
1 0 4

How do I add actual inventory locations (bin location) to a product so we know where to go to pick the product to ship.

Replies 18 (18)
Sarah_online
1 0 2

I am looking for this at the moment too! 

I can only see one app that is an additional add-in. Seems silly though as shopify is supposed to be an all in 1 inventory management system.

reason8
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

I need this too, just 1 field that prints out on the order to record the location in the warehouse.

flyalan
Tourist
9 0 24

Wish we had this. Yet another shopify weakness!

achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
545 39 90

Hello @reason8 ,

You still need to be able to create bin locations. Then when you pick from those bins inventory needs to be updated. So it needs to be apart of a warehouse management system. Shopify isn't quite there yet but apps are very promising. Since Shopify apps can subscribe to a stores orders it would be very easy for us to implement something like this for you. 

Visit us here for more on pricing and how to get started: https://www.achieveapplabs.com

Regards,

Sam

We make lShopify apps. . Looking for Shopify app development? Let's chat
Cross-Apps
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Our app Power Tools is able to do this tasks, you can assign bin location to every variant and update inventory on your mobile phone.

https://apps.shopify.com/inventory-app-4?surface_detail=bin+locations&surface_inter_position=1&surfa...

mollywilson
Tourist
3 0 3

Can your app create bin locations that can print underneath product in shopify?

Cross-Apps
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

Currently our app does not add bin location to product within Shopify, but it can be extended. What do you mean with print on product page?

mollywilson
Tourist
3 0 3

I just meant under the product on the invoice or packing slip.  We use printout designer to print packing slips and invoices.  My team pulls the orders from the packing slips.  It would be great to have it automatically assigned to a product and tyhat product would show its location on each of those forms they pull from.  That way when they are pulling they know where to go....

Cross-Apps
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

This feature can be added for free, please get in touch with us via mail support@tt-mokit.com to speak about implementation details.

matt1147
2 0 0

Hi everyone,

we are looking at switching over to shopify after 6+ years on another platform.  I've read through all these posts and simply cannot believe that Shopify doesn't support Bin Locations.  That seems like such a simple, basic, foundational feature!      Right now, our plan is to use shipstation because they support bin locations.

Does anyone have any new information on whether this feature will come to Shopify or a better app to use?

All we need is for the bin locations to print on the individual packing slips.  

thanks!

achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
545 39 90

Hi @matt1147 ,

Bin locations may make its way into Shopify just like local pick up and delivery apps were made by Shopify due to increased demand.

For now and we have a custom app that can do exactly that, print a custom packing slip with your bin location names next to the line items. If you need more than that we can customize it to suite your needs.

Just shoot us an email at hello@achieveapplabs.com

Learn more about us here: https://achieveapplabs.com

Best regards,

Achieve Team

matt1147
2 0 0

Thank you, just sent an email to get more info!

kingstore
Shopify Partner
134 4 20

This task is best handled with a WMS or advanced inventory control system. There are a few solutions that will handle inventory and bin control. I've been working on a system and brought to the market 2 years ago called SKUSavvy, which does just this. It is a simplified mobile warehouse management system with a visual warehouse layout tool. 

As per some of the questions here:

How do I add actual inventory locations (bin location) to a product so we know where to go to pick the product to ship?
  • Within SKUSavvy you have a visual inventory method, which holds and stores inventory with a barcode associated with the bin location. You can use any mobile device to scan items into bins and scan the bin to view inventory contained within
  • Enable pick routes to be generated in a wave style through the warehouse
  • Use order batching to pick many orders of like products
  • Package and fulfill orders swift with automated packaging and shipping label generation
  • Print barcodes for products or bins, invoices, and shipping labels

One account is free and uses a private Shopify app to connect your store

Visual warehouse layout toolVisual warehouse layout toolOrder fulfillmentOrder fulfillmentInventory ControlInventory ControlScanning and PrintingScanning and Printing

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call
Charlie506
Shopify Partner
52 2 2

Hi @matt1147 

I thought I would reach out to let you know that our app EasyScan has been updated to include product Bin Locations.

You can print packing slips and picklists that show the bin location and you can sort by bin location!

Plus you can fulfil orders, create orders, manage inventory all with a barcode scanner!

If you would like more information please get in touch here.

Or just download the app and enjoy the free 10-day trial!

Thanks,

Charlie

If my comments are helpful, please Like my post and Accept Solution.
Product Manager at 506.io
Cross-Apps
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

We have updated our app Power Tools with several new features:

• iOS & Android App to manage inventory, pick list and bin locations
  • Improved Shopify App to assign bin locations
  • Auto generated Pick Lists for new orders
  • Unlimited Users
  • Free Trial for 14 days

Shopify App Assign Bin LocationsShopify App Assign Bin LocationsPick Lists for new ordersPick Lists for new ordersUser Smartphone AppUser Smartphone App

naughtydiscreet
1 0 0

Maybe I am not using your app correctly but it is not performing well. I received an order and its not showing up in your app via shopify or your mobile app to pick the order. 

Cross-Apps
Shopify Partner
22 0 0

You can generate a pick list manually which is the default, for that just select the orders in Shopify and click on more actions / bulk actions. Here you can generate a pick list for multiple orders.

Alternatively the pick list ist generated on each new order if the setting under pick list tab is enabled.
If you need support please contact via mail me@cross-apps.com

achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
545 39 90
Hi there,

Achieve Bin Locations might be able to help you. We have been developing our solution for over a year, working closely with Shopify merchants.

I would be curious to know what problems you are facing and how we can help you.

Best regards,
Sam - Lead Developer