Solved

Is launching a Shopify store around Black Friday a good idea?

fefecosmetics
Excursionist
28 2 6

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking about launching soon. However, I'm a little concerned about Black Friday approaching.

Do you think it's a good idea to launch on Black Friday or even days before?

Or should I wait until and launch after Black Friday?

I feel that if I launch on Black Friday or just before then I should have some sort of sale. But I also don't think it's wise to offer sales at the very start of business.

Please share your thoughts with me. I look forward to your feedback.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @!

You can definitely have a successful launch if you have the right strategies in place. Black Friday is the greatest shopping day of the year so it may benefit you to take advantage of this.
You don't need to advertise extravagant sales similar to already-launched businesses but you can look into sales that will still generate a profit for you. Here is a Shopify Blog on Planning a Profitable BFCM Promotion. The traffic over the BFCM weekend will be great so you'll want to use this and promote your store. It is a great way to gain exposure for your business and in turn generate traffic and sales!

Here is a BFCM Checklist for you to read through if you decide to go ahead with launching on Black Friday.

One tool I would also like to recommend is Shopify Email to help out with marketing. Shopify Email is our in-house email marketing solution to help you create email marketing campaigns. You are able to design your emails to match your brand and share links directly of products on your store. You can send 2500 free emails a month, and any additional email at a cost of $0.001USD (So 1000 additional emails would cost you $1USD).You can find all the information related to Shopify Email through this help doc.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
404 20 58

Indeed, Black Friday is one of the best shopping days. But you should be ready for holiday sales - in advance. I suggest you should take a look at this Holiday Preparation Checklist. Here you will find out essential tips and recommendations on how to prepare your store for the upcoming holiday season.

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Nia
Shopify Staff
537 38 79

Hi, @!

You can definitely have a successful launch if you have the right strategies in place. Black Friday is the greatest shopping day of the year so it may benefit you to take advantage of this.
You don't need to advertise extravagant sales similar to already-launched businesses but you can look into sales that will still generate a profit for you. Here is a Shopify Blog on Planning a Profitable BFCM Promotion. The traffic over the BFCM weekend will be great so you'll want to use this and promote your store. It is a great way to gain exposure for your business and in turn generate traffic and sales!

Here is a BFCM Checklist for you to read through if you decide to go ahead with launching on Black Friday.

One tool I would also like to recommend is Shopify Email to help out with marketing. Shopify Email is our in-house email marketing solution to help you create email marketing campaigns. You are able to design your emails to match your brand and share links directly of products on your store. You can send 2500 free emails a month, and any additional email at a cost of $0.001USD (So 1000 additional emails would cost you $1USD).You can find all the information related to Shopify Email through this help doc.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

fefecosmetics
Excursionist
28 2 6

Thank you Nia. The blog and checklist was very useful. I will proceed with black Friday but I will not be so extravagant with my sales. I also plan to utilize Shopify's email service. Thanks again, this was very useful.

Stacy_Zhuk
Shopify Partner
404 20 58

Indeed, Black Friday is one of the best shopping days. But you should be ready for holiday sales - in advance. I suggest you should take a look at this Holiday Preparation Checklist. Here you will find out essential tips and recommendations on how to prepare your store for the upcoming holiday season.

Co-founder at Whidegroup, e-commerce development company from Ukraine
- 10+ years of experience with SMBs
- Deep expertise in custom development & optimization
E-mail: anastasia@whidegroup.com
fefecosmetics
Excursionist
28 2 6

Thank you 

Sam922
Tourist
7 0 2

As mentioned, I would definitely take a hold of this years BFCM for launch, I've seen wildly successful sales from new brands launching in the past. 

Here's a few resources to get you started.

Goodluck!