Blog - Formatting and Crashing why?

Blog - Formatting and Crashing why?

bgraham
Visitor
1 0 0

If I copy/paste my blog into shopify it pastes one of two ways.

Either in HTML format, which is unusable. Or it removes all formatting and pastes the entire blog as a single paragraph. Oftentimes, a box will pop up asking me to either "leave" or "cancel" if I want to save. If I hit cancel, the box continually pops up, leaving me no choice but to refresh the page, which removes all the work I did reformatting this blog.

It just happened to me when I hit save. The blog timed out, disappeared and is forcing me to spend unnecessary time reformatting everything. 

It also happens often if I open a blog to edit it - I have to sit and wait, sometimes for 15-25 minutes for the formatting to randomly revert back to normal. 

Why does this happen?? It shouldn't be a struggle to copy and paste a blog. And this happens even if I remove all formatting from the blog post before I paste it in. 

Replies 2 (2)

NomtechSolution
Astronaut
1245 112 152

Experiencing issues with copying and pasting blogs in Shopify can be frustrating. There are a few potential reasons why you may encounter problems with formatting and saving your blog posts. Here are some suggestions to help resolve these issues:

1. Use plain text format: When copying content from external sources such as Word documents or other websites, it's advisable to paste the content as plain text. This removes any hidden formatting that could conflict with Shopify's editor. To do this, you can paste the content into a plain text editor (e.g., Notepad or TextEdit) first, and then copy and paste it into the Shopify editor.

xDev5
Visitor
2 0 0

same issue and it pisses me off

fix it!