Blog Meta Descriptions not Matching Google Results

Mydogmaverick
Tourist
7 0 3

The meta descriptions in my blog articles are not matching what google displays.  The first image below is from my SHopify Blog interface.  Second is Google's display of article. Can someone explain why this happens?

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.31.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.30.54 PM.png

Replies 6 (6)

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

@Mydogmaverick 
when you  have changed, or modify because it takes some time to rank on google.

it shows your previous data.

i hope you will satisfied with my answer.
thank you.

Mydogmaverick
Tourist
7 0 3

I have not modified the meta data on this blog at all since it was published. Oddly SemRush is saying that the Meta Description is missing. 

Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1565

so you need to hire some to fix it.

Mydogmaverick
Tourist
7 0 3

Any suggestions on skills I am looking for and best place to find?

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @Mydogmaverick,

the thing is that Google has started overwriting the titles and meta descriptions to better suit the specific search query. Right now, you can do nothing to fix it. You can’t say Google not to do it.

I wrote article about this issue, you might find more information in there. If interested, here is the link: https://www.nikikozak.me/marketing/2021/07/25/titles-metadescriptions/

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
Mydogmaverick
Tourist
7 0 3

Wow! I had no idea.  Thanks for sharing.  One thing that is still bugging me a bit, is that SEMRush is saying the Meta Description is missing.  If it were missing, which based on my screen shot there is clearly something there, would Google just grab an excerpt from the article and display in search result?