Bogus Payment Gateway not working

ShopNoob182
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi,

I am trying to place a test transaction with Bogus gateway enabled but during checkout it doesn't appear.

On Payment page during checkout, I see "This store can't accept real orders or real payments".

I have followed this guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/managing-stores/test-orders-in-dev-stores

I am certain Bogus gateway is active. Is there another setting I need to enable? I have also created this store through Shopify partners development store.

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @ShopNoob182 

When using the Bogus Gateway, you want to ensure any other credit card payment providers are deactivated (Settings > Payments) first. Once you do so, you can enable the bogus gateway from the third-party gateway section in your Payment Settings and then activate it.

If you've already done that, what credit card info are you using when attempting to run a test transaction? The bogus gateway requires you to use a specific set of credit card numbers to simulate different types of checkouts. Using an authenticated credit card in the bogus gateway will not work. More on that can be found here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ShopNoob182
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi,

I believe I've done all that. See the screenshots of my setup and issue at checkout. I can't even enter any bogus cc info.

Screenshot_264.pngScreenshot_265.png

Freeezy
Visitor
1 0 0

Has this issue been resolved yet, because I have received the same problem. All of my payments are deactivated and Bogus Payment has been activated, yet I still see the same error in preview store.