Bot sending visitors to site?

RachelMariposa
3 0 1

Hi

We keep getting very specific large spikes of visitors to our site ie going up by hundreds from one single location in a very short space of time with a very short site visit time. I suspect it is a bot. This obviously will mess with our conversion rate and could possibly affect 0our google ranking. Is there any way to identify an IP and block it via Shopify? Or what advise would you give. It is happening every few days so obviously a big concern. any advise appreciated. Rachel

Replies 5 (5)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Hey, @RachelMariposa 

I would recommend using a third-party app that grants you the ability to block visitors based on location, IP address, or other regions. There is an app called IP Blocker & Country Redirect that can accomplish this. They offer a 7-day free trial and is then $2/month.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AneHoward
Tourist
7 0 3

Does this app works with shopify store? I am having the same problem. The site that is sending tons of visitors is remotasks.com . Pain in the neck. 

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

Hey, @AneHoward 

The app does work with Shopify. In fact, it can be downloaded from our Shopify app store here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PrimRenditions
Tourist
5 0 2

I don't think these aps do anything, really.  I have one of them running, AntiCopy, a paid app.  But like the OP, I still get a ridiculous amount of traffic from certain countries, like Kenya, Indonesia, and the Philippines.  If you go to the Remotasks website, it's no coincidence that those people shown in their "success stories" are from the countries I mentioned above.  I would love to know of another way to block visitors from this site, remotasks.com.  The spikes are crazy - I average 300 or so visitors a day, but had spikes over 10,000 on four different days over the last month.   Can anyone help?

AneHoward
Tourist
7 0 3
The app BLOCKY: FRAUD COUNTRY BLOCKER has helped some. I don’t understand why remotetasks.com is targeting our sites.