Solved

Why isn't my purchased domain showing up in my account?

JTY
Visitor
2 0 0

I started a trial session and followed a few setup tutorials. I reached the step for purchasing my domain through Shopify. I chose my domain, and payment was successfully processed. I received an error screen on shopify, but also received a confirmation/verification email for the purchase of my domain. About 24 hours have passed and i still don't see my domain under the Domains.

What am i doing wrong? I even purchased a Shopify plan before my trial ends in hopes that may get it to work...nothing. How do i fix this?

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JTY,

Can I ask when you purchased the domain, exactly? It can take up to 48 hours for the domain to start working, which is stated in the Shopify help guide for Domians here. I've highlighted this paragraph below: 

27-15-jfc2l-4xsdw

If it's been more than 48 hours and you're on a paid plan, then as @Nick_Marketing mentioned, we would need to take a closer look into this to see what exactly is going on. Our primary support team would be the best next step as they can verify your details and look into this with you in real time. You can contact one of our advisors and verify here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

You should contact merchant support. Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JTY,

Can I ask when you purchased the domain, exactly? It can take up to 48 hours for the domain to start working, which is stated in the Shopify help guide for Domians here. I've highlighted this paragraph below: 

27-15-jfc2l-4xsdw

If it's been more than 48 hours and you're on a paid plan, then as @Nick_Marketing mentioned, we would need to take a closer look into this to see what exactly is going on. Our primary support team would be the best next step as they can verify your details and look into this with you in real time. You can contact one of our advisors and verify here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.