Browser Error: Connection is not Private

merrymoo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, 

Im having trouble accesssung my shopify site and logging into the shopify account. 

Laptop browsers(chrome and safari) won’t let me in to the site and getting an error message of 

Your connection is not private 

Net::ERR_Cert_Date_invalid 

Im able to log in or view the site using my phone and others as well. Only my laptop browsers are  not working 

Replies 5 (5)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @merrymoo

Welcome to the Shopify Community! Sorry to hear you're having troubles accessing your Shopify site and logging in to your account via Chrome. Thanks for letting us know that you've been able to access it from your mobile device, and that others are not having troubles. This is great information to know, and I'm glad you've been able to access it.

As for the specific error you are receiving, this is a known error at this time that our developers are working on resolving. Thank you for your patience thus far. First of all, can you please make sure your Chrome browser is up to date? We support the latest two versions of all browsers listed. After this, can you please follow these instructions to clear your DNS cache? This will hopefully resolve the issue. 

If it does not, and you are still unable to login via Chrome, you'll need to reach out to our Support team directly to report this issue. While we aren't able to provide account-specific support via the Community at this time, our team will be happy to help via live chat, email or callback. Once you contact our Support team, they will take the details of the issue and report it directly to our Technical Merchant Support team. 

Thanks for taking the time to report this, let me know how clearing your DNS cache goes. As well, we appreciate your patience and efforts troubleshooting thus far. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

merrymoo
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi, 
Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried all of the steps but it still won't work. I'm used both Safari and Chrome for it. 
Regards,Kelvin 

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Sorry to hear you're still having troubles accessing your store via Chrome and Safari. Thanks for trying all of the suggested troubleshooting steps and for your patience thus far. 

If you've ensured that all browsers are up to date, and have followed the instructions to clear your DNS cache, please make sure your operating system is up to date. There is more information on these third party sites about updating Windows, and updating MacOS. Once you have done this, please trying clearing your DNS cache once more. 

After this, if you are still receiving the same error, the best thing you can do is reach out directly to our Support team. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, however our Support team can look into this issue further with you via live chat, callback or email. If needed, our team can reach out to our Technical Merchant Support team for further assistance. To contact our Support team, follow the link to our Contact page, login to your store, search the issue you're having troubles with, and look for the option to Continue to get support.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Espihir
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Hillary, I am experiencing the same problem 16 days after this was posted. When will there be a fix so I can update products on my website?

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Sorry to hear you've still been experiencing issues with this error. Thank you for your reply and update. Since your original post and my reply, our team has since made a detailed post about this error, why it's happening and how to troubleshoot. 

The reason this error is happening is on September 30th, 2021, Let's Encrypt, which is one the largest providers of HTTPS certificates in the world, saw its root certificate expire. Shopify has updated our systems to work correctly with the new certification, but not all users' devices are up-to-date to recognize the validity of that change.

You can follow the detailed instructions in this post linked here to troubleshoot the error

If you are still having issues once running through all the listed steps, I suggest reaching out to our Support team as I previously recommended. Have you already done this? Our Support team can look into your domain settings to ensure there are no issues with your SSL certificates. Here is a link to our contact page again. 

Let me know if you have any questions!