New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Business verification

Solved
JoeOwen96
Visitor
3 0 1

On my home page it says I need to submit additional details to continue accepting payments, it then says "The company name on your account could not be verified. Please check that your have entered the company name correctly, or upload a document that includes the company name.", how do I change the company name if that is what I've done wrong? Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 313 203

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @JoeOwen96! Welcome to Shopify Community!

Because your concern involves sensitive information, we’ll need to access your account in order to take a closer look at the issue and advise a solution. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

After visiting the link and logging in, you'll be prompted to enter the topic of your concern so we can connect you to the right articles and support team. Simply type in the topic, click Search then scroll down to the bottom of the page to click Continue under Get Support. You'll then see the option to create a support ticket on the next page.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
848 282 248

Hi @JoeOwen96 

This is Kate from PageFly - Landing page builder. I’d like to suggest this idea:

You can change your company name on Shopify by following these steps:

1. Go to your Shopify admin panel
  2. Click on "Settings"
  3. Click on "Store details"
  4. On Basic Information, click “Edit”
  5. Find the field for "Company name" and make the necessary changes
  6. Click on "Save" to update the changes

If you still have trouble, please reach out to Shopify support for further assistance.

Hope my answer will help you.

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 313 203

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @JoeOwen96! Welcome to Shopify Community!

Because your concern involves sensitive information, we’ll need to access your account in order to take a closer look at the issue and advise a solution. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

After visiting the link and logging in, you'll be prompted to enter the topic of your concern so we can connect you to the right articles and support team. Simply type in the topic, click Search then scroll down to the bottom of the page to click Continue under Get Support. You'll then see the option to create a support ticket on the next page.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

JoeOwen96
Visitor
3 0 1

hello, when I go onto my profile on settings it just says store name and my store name is the same as my company name so I'm confused on what I've got to change? 

darius301
Visitor
1 0 0

How did it end up?`I have same issue, support is slow to find out whats wrong.. 

Roy71
Visitor
2 0 0

There seems to be no support. The chat team just give me robotic replies and tell me it’s with an internal verification team who never reach out to me. They only seem to look at the store name. 

Roy71
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello. The legal business name of my store has been entered. The store name is different. I’ve submitted an official government certificate of incorporation for the Legal Business name and. Bank statement.  Why do they continue asking for a certificate for the store name? Why do I keep getting daily emails threatening me payments will be suspended. Why can’t I complain to a human being manager? 

Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 313 203

Hey, @Roy71

I understand you're seeking clarification around the Shopify Payments verification. Please feel free to go over Section B.3 of our Shopify Payments Terms of Service to learn more about why we ask you to submit documents. You're welcome to address further questions related to the verification to the emails you received and, as mentioned by our support team, the Verification Team will get back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience as the Verification Team works to get your verification processed. They are currently handling a higher-than-usual volume of support tickets, which may result in longer response times. Rest assured, the team is doing everything they can to expedite the process and we thank you for your understanding during this time.

If you need assistance with anything else in the meantime, don't hesitate to create a new post and we'll help you further.