Buy X get Y (without having to add Y to cart)

Sonatural
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey,

Is there a way to have a buy X get Y promotion, without customers having to add Y to the cart?

Thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1023

Hi @Sonatural,

Really great question. Shopify's automatic buy x get y discount doesn't quite have this feature, so you'll need to look elsewhere to get this, such as an app or have something custom made by Shopify Experts. 

18-07-tur2h-oppyr

There are several buy x get y apps in the Shopify App store which you can see here. I looked at some of them and none outright say in the description about the 'y' being added automatically. It could be worth researching and finding one you resonate with. 

Last but not least, if you can't find an app to do this, it might require some custom work. For this, I'd recommend a Shopify Expert from the Expert directory to work with on it. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
889 23 171

You can consider setting up a product kit of X + Y at a discounted price. Though it's not exactly the same promotion as BXGY 

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview

ConnectPOS
Shopify Partner
119 1 12

Hi @Sonatural,

I think you can take a look at ConnectPOS. Our app has a module that implements Buy X get Y promotion and automatically adds product Y to the customer's cart if Y is a free product!

ConnectPOS is a leading POS solution that directly integrates with Shopify, so you can enjoy a seamless and real-time data synchronization between your online and offline stores. Don't hesitate to book a free consultation with us right from today!

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.